E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Custom Oil Catch Can

10-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
edf8fde
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is manual

Custom Oil Catch Can

Just thought I'd share this little project I did recently.

I bought a radium oil catch can and RB external PCV kit so I could start catching oil on the high and low side. I made a custom bracket out of 18 GA steel. I in the future I might make a bracket in Solid Works and CNC something out of aluminum, but for the prototype, steel was perfect because I could bend it easily.
The PCV kit form RB I used was Option C. I just needed to buy a few additional AN fittings form Radium to make it work. Catch can sit completely level in the bay and can be easily unscrewed by hand. I put two rubber washers behind the plate to protect the strut tower paint. Just anchored to the factory studs on the tower. Enameled bracket satin black.

Turned out awesome, with both functionality and looks! Some of the photos look a little funky because I had to resize them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
Supra2k6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

nice are you running both high and low side to the same can? or high side back to the inlet?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
edf8fde
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is manual

I'm running the BMS high side OCC like normal and then running the low side radium can directly tapped into the manifold. The pictures make it look a little crooked but it's not.
Appreciate 0