BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Brisbane BMW wants my car all day to change 2 tyres?!

09-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Brisbane BMW wants my car all day to change 2 tyres?!

So, I purchased 2 rear tyres off Tyresales to be fitted in Brisbane BMW and they want me to drop the car off at 7am, and pick it up at 3pm? Does this sound acceptable? I tried to lock in a time, but they denied it because its a tyre change bought from tyresales.

imo, if theyre going to participate in tyresales etc, they should commit to it instead of making customers go out of their way for them?

what are you guys experience with tyresales? should i be looking at cancelling and fitting them elsewhere? or is this standard practice with internet purchases?
      09-26-2018, 08:06 PM   #2
sam10123
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to fit two tyres?!

I haven't used car sales, but I have provided my own tyres to a fitment centre before and never had any issues. The only thing I can think of, is perhaps your tyres haven't been delivered yet and they'll fit them as soon as they arrive? Other than that, you shouldn't have any other issues...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #3
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam10123 View Post
It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to fit two tyres?!

I haven't used car sales, but I have provided my own tyres to a fitment centre before and never had any issues. The only thing I can think of, is perhaps your tyres haven't been delivered yet and they'll fit them as soon as they arrive? Other than that, you shouldn't have any other issues...
yeah, i changed the fitment to somewhere else my my expense after they said they may even need my car overnight.

what a difficult bunch to work with i guess that ends my relationship with brisbane bmw
      09-26-2018, 11:57 PM   #4
articulatedsphinx
meow
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
So, I purchased 2 rear tyres off Tyresales to be fitted in Brisbane BMW and they want me to drop the car off at 7am, and pick it up at 3pm? Does this sound acceptable? I tried to lock in a time, but they denied it because its a tyre change bought from tyresales.

imo, if theyre going to participate in tyresales etc, they should commit to it instead of making customers go out of their way for them?

what are you guys experience with tyresales? should i be looking at cancelling and fitting them elsewhere? or is this standard practice with internet purchases?
Ask/make them give you a loaner....
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 11:59 PM   #5
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulatedsphinx View Post
Ask/make them give you a loaner....
asked, they said no because its a purchase through tyresales
you suddenly become a second class citizen once you go through third party. really beyond me why they put their hands up to be a tyresales installer
      09-27-2018, 12:01 AM   #6
articulatedsphinx
meow
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
asked, they said no because its a purchase through tyresales
you suddenly become a second class citizen once you go through third party. really beyond me why they put their hands up to be a tyresales installer
What a load of horseshit. You should complain to tyresales and have them removed off the program. If they are going to offer to install they should damn well not put you at the back of the line. Unbelievable.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 12:15 AM   #7
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulatedsphinx View Post
What a load of horseshit. You should complain to tyresales and have them removed off the program. If they are going to offer to install they should damn well not put you at the back of the line. Unbelievable.
Already have, theyve escalated to their manager. they say im not the first to complain about Bris BMW
      09-30-2018, 03:19 AM   #8
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Yeah a day is crazy. My only experience with tyresales was one of my work cars and the nominated fitter broke a tyre pressure sensor. I went to Beaurepaires and did a deal for all my work cars and got Cup 2 tyres fitted to my M2 cheaper than tyresales. Great guys too, really careful with the wheels.
Appreciate 1
Who?484.50
      10-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #9
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi Who?,

I found Tyresales to be excellent when replacing all four tyres on my X6 ... as the tyre sizes are different front/rear, there was some minor haggling while they worked out the best deal (was one of those buy 4, pay for 3 deals).

They then referred me to an installer who I thought was absolutely the best I've dealt with. They balanced and fitted the tyres in about an hour (so I just went to a nearby cafe and had breakfast) ... the whole process was very smooth. And since that original purchase, I took my (now sold) Lexus back as they offered to balance my tyres on it for free ... and when I picked up a nail in one of the tyres of the X6, they repaired that (again, while I waited).

Unless there is some benefit in bothering with BMW Brisbane, maybe ask Tyresales which of their partners have the best feedback/customer satisfaction (in your area) and just bypass BMW Brisbane?

I can't imagine how hard/expensive it is for a dealer to get a client ... and then annoy them with stupid petty practices like you're experiencing that will ultimately drive them away

Hope it all turns out well!
Appreciate 1
Who?484.50
      10-02-2018, 07:01 PM   #10
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

funny thing is, they tried to get me in on thursday last week, but my tyres only arrived at their shop this morning to their shop (now to be relocated)

i wonder if they wouldve fit what they had, or dicked around back and forth