E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question for those with the BMW OEM Car Cover

03-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Question for those with the BMW OEM Car Cover

I just put on my BMW OEM car cover for the E90, and my question is...is the storage bag supposed to be attached to the cover (near the rear of the cover)?? How do you remove it...it seems like it's sewn on. It this a manufacturing defect or is this normal?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I am thinking about getting this because I started working again and will not use my car on weekdays. Is it easy to take it in and out for every weekend without scratching or damaging the car? Thanks
      03-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
leosong11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW786
I just put on my BMW OEM car cover for the E90, and my question is...is the storage bag supposed to be attached to the cover (near the rear of the cover)?? How do you remove it...it seems like it's sewn on. It this a manufacturing defect or is this normal?

Thanks.
It is normal. I just lay it flat against the top of the trunk when the cover is on.
Follow the instructions on how to put on/take off the cover and it will not scratch your car. It takes me about 1 minute each time.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leosong11
It is normal. I just lay it flat against the top of the trunk when the cover is on.
Follow the instructions on how to put on/take off the cover and it will not scratch your car. It takes me about 1 minute each time.
ok, I figured it out. I think it's supposed to stay attached so it's easier to store in the bag after you're ready to take it off. I wasn't sure b/c the pic on the box shows the bag separate.

I think you can slide the bag in the trunk before you close it but I noticed the cover fits more snugly when you lay it flat, like you said.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
I am thinking about getting this because I started working again and will not use my car on weekdays. Is it easy to take it in and out for every weekend without scratching or damaging the car? Thanks
I just put it on for the first time, and had my brother help me so that was easy. It might take a few tries before it becomes easy to put it on/take it off b/c it is custom-fit, and hence bigger compared to this old, cheap one I was using. The hardest part is trying to keep it from touching the ground, but there is an instructions manual that comes with it.

Also, make sure your car is completely clean underneath b4 putting it on, otherwise dust/dirt may get dragged and may scratch the paint.
Appreciate 0