BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
idgam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: the wife mad!!!!!

Any UK members placed an order yet?

Just wondered if there are any UK members that have placed an order yet?

I unfortunately had my F15 M Sport 40D stolen 3 weeks ago and now in the market for a new one.

Have had a quote for a 50d and very interested but not sure whether to hold out for the 45e. Test drove the RRS hybrid and really liked that apart from the small boot space.

just wondered what other UK members are doing
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 06:14 AM   #2
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgam View Post

I unfortunately had my F15 M Sport 40D stolen 3 weeks ago and now in the market for a new one.

Have had a quote for a 50d and very interested but not sure whether to hold out for the 45e. Test drove the RRS hybrid and really liked that apart from the small boot space.

RRS is an old car will be replaced soon I think. Interior is quite dated. Velar is too small and I bet new new rrs will have the new infotainment and upgraded interior from velar.
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
bavaria22
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:

How did they manage to steal it? Did you have it parked in its usual location?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

Sorry to hear of your current X5 being stolen! Were you being offered any discount on the M50d?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

50d's are superb 32 UK mpg average for me. On the autobahn steady at 140-150mph and accelerates really quick!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
idgam
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=bavaria22;23721649]
Quote:

How did they manage to steal it? Did you have it parked in its usual location?

They boosted the key signal (keyless entry) and then jumped in and started it somehow. Took less than 90 seconds to do. Quite scary really.

Car has been recovered 6 hours after but they have totalled the inside. Boot space simple toy destroyed, leather seats damaged, engine and rear suspension damaged. Not good.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #7
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
They boosted the key signal (keyless entry) and then jumped in and started it somehow. Took less than 90 seconds to do. Quite scary really.
This is why I didn't tick the comfort access option on my F15 40d when I ordered it in late 2016.
Its by far the preferred method for nicking BMW's and X5's in particular as most people see CA as a priority option to have.

I haven't checked yet, but I hope CA is not fit standard on the G05, as if it is, I'll not be changing my F15 for a G05 in a couple of years time.
      09-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #8
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
Quote:

RRS is an old car will be replaced soon I think. Interior is quite dated. Velar is too small and I bet new new rrs will have the new infotainment and upgraded interior from velar.
it's only just had the LCI so is about for at least another 3 years.

OP I'm quite surprised you'd say the RRS boot is small. Pretty cavernous IMO, not managed to fill it yet.

Much better case for the X5 boot....the split tailgate. Such a handy outdoor seat that lower section!

Sorry to here about the theft but great to be shopping again.
      09-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #9
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Quote:

OP I'm quite surprised you'd say the RRS boot is small. Pretty cavernous IMO, not managed to fill it yet.

Much better case for the X5 boot....the split tailgate. Such a handy outdoor seat that lower section!

I love the split x5 tailgate. I frequently load big boxes and heavy suitcases and it's huge help.

I missed it when I rented a velar.
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 1
arciga181726.00
      09-16-2018, 02:53 AM   #10
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
I love the split x5 tailgate. I frequently load big boxes and heavy suitcases and it's huge help.

I missed it when I rented a velar.
The split tailgate is one of the main reasons I ultimately chose the X5 over the Cayenne. It's just such a useful feature.

A good friend of mine has been a Land-Rover/RR fan/owner for decades, and he was looking to change his Disco 3 for a new one until he found out that LR deleted the split tailgate on the latest Disco....so he's going to keep his Disco 3 until it falls apart.
      09-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #11
idgam
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It might be because I test drove the hybrid version and like the X5, the boot space is reduced slightly. 40 mm in the case of the RRS. It was actually the wife that pointed out how small it was. Apparently there would not be enough room for 4 suitcases like the BMW. Does the RRS come with sliding rear seats do you know?

The car itself was very nice you cannot really tell that it is a 3 year old model. It has all the new infortainment systems in it.

I agree though the split boot design is a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #12
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It might be because I test drove the hybrid version and like the X5, the boot space is reduced slightly. 40 mm in the case of the RRS. It was actually the wife that pointed out how small it was. Apparently there would not be enough room for 4 suitcases like the BMW. Does the RRS come with sliding rear seats do you know?

The car itself was very nice you cannot really tell that it is a 3 year old model. It has all the new infortainment systems in it.

I agree though the split boot design is a bonus.
Hmm RRS not standard sliding seats in mine but I'd don't have the 3rd row seating. Pretty sure with this the 2nd row then slides, perhaps same approach in the X5, at least it was with my F15.
      09-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #13
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Just went to IKEA today, split tailgate F15 really helped and made it so easy, i find split tailgate useful only few times per year though...Facelifted RRS impressed me in the showroom and as i drove off from the dealer (test drive). After a couple of hours in the car I ended up not liking it and the ultra impressive infotainment as seen in Velar became feeling useless. All that plus the ERROR msg popping out due to matrix LED lights (or whatever theyre called) I was done with it. Car also signifficantly blfelt bigger (smaller boot though) and definitively felt slower with similar spec engine as F15. Decided to keep my F15 for a little while after that experience... now looking at the G05...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 04:37 AM   #14
bavaria22
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
This is why I didn't tick the comfort access option on my F15 40d when I ordered it in late 2016.
Its by far the preferred method for nicking BMW's and X5's in particular as most people see CA as a priority option to have.

I haven't checked yet, but I hope CA is not fit standard on the G05, as if it is, I'll not be changing my F15 for a G05 in a couple of years time.
Yes AGREE!
That is why I didn't go for the comfort Access either.... neighbor of ours also had the same problem, although they only opened the car to steal sunglasses and credit cards.

But once they are inside, it is simple to hook up to the OBD interface and code a new key.

Better stay away from the comfort access
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #15
idgam
Private First Class
Rep

I thought i read somewhere that they can disable the comfort access at the dealership, is that still possible?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 10:17 AM   #16
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

I have ordered mine - with third row, due mid January, built in December (which seems to be a good thing according to some people, given the availability of the autonomous driving stuff).

The comfort access comes as part of the package and is a concern - simply bizarre how the manufacturers have not addressed this issue head on!

We looked at a RR - simple not a driver's car. I am sure if is very comfortable etc but if feels like you are driving an arm chair, and a slow one at that. The RR engines are behind the times.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #17
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
I have ordered mine - with third row, due mid January, built in December (which seems to be a good thing according to some people, given the availability of the autonomous driving stuff).

The comfort access comes as part of the package and is a concern - simply bizarre how the manufacturers have not addressed this issue head on!

We looked at a RR - simple not a driver's car. I am sure if is very comfortable etc but if feels like you are driving an arm chair, and a slow one at that. The RR engines are behind the times.
RR comments are spot on, at least when it comes to RRS
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 02:17 AM   #18
bavaria22
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I thought i read somewhere that they can disable the comfort access at the dealership, is that still possible?
If it is deactivated by your dealership, then what is the rationale for ordering it in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 02:59 AM   #19
six
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria22 View Post
If it is deactivated by your dealership, then what is the rationale for ordering it in the first place?
Because of the stupid way in the UK lots of options must be ordered in ‘packs’. So if say I want heated rear seats, the only way to get this is take the comfort pack which forces comfort access.

It also makes it very expensive to spec the G05. In the above example heated rear seats (which should really be standard!) would have cost say £250 before as a stand alone item now costs £2500 because you have to take the comfort pack, which includes many options the buy may not want. e.g. like comfort access which I never order to avoid the situation we are talking about above.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2018, 03:16 AM   #20
bavaria22
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

I hear ya...
Appreciate 0