BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Dealer yanking my chain?

09-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
fstezaws
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 911 S — 2022 X5 M50

Dealer yanking my chain?

Is the dealer yanking my chain?

I'm ready to place my order for a M5, I don't mind whether it's competition or not. The biggest reason I'm custom ordering is I want the Tartufo leather, and no one orders that.

I've been told by my local dealer that they can't order it because they don't have an allocation to order one.

I made an inquiry with another dealer in my state and they didn't say anything about that. Who's yanking my chain?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Your dealer has to have an available order allocation for said model in order to do a build for you. Sometimes they can trade with other dealers for an allocation slot if they don't have one. Otherwise, they may have to wait for BMW NA to allocate them more build slots in the coming months.
      09-06-2018, 10:37 PM   #3
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

There are many dealers with allocations for the m5. Just gotta call around. I ordered mine tartufo interior and can't wait. Week 40 build
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 04:31 PM   #4
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet3r View Post

I'm ready to place my order for a M5, I don't mind whether it's competition or not. The biggest reason I'm custom ordering is I want the Tartufo leather, and no one orders that.

I've been told by my local dealer that they can't order it because they don't have an allocation to order one.

I made an inquiry with another dealer in my state and they didn't say anything about that. Who's yanking my chain?
What state are you in?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #5
fstezaws
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 911 S — 2022 X5 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
Quote:

What state are you in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first View Post
Quote:

What state are you in?
AZ
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
I'm in AZ too. I can hook you up with my sales guy at BMW NS if you want. We've done a ton of cars through him.

As for allocations, it could be that the dealer didn't currently have any allocations left. They will get more next month.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #7
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 Bluestone M5

Your patience will pay off in the long run, because the Tartufo is absolutely gorgeous.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #8
basque76
Not a BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' BMW 535i (dec.), 19' M5

Quote:

There is a 2018 DG with Tartufo at BMW Woodlands Houston. They messed up my order so I ordered a 2019.
Appreciate 0