R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

08-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #1
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Have you had your credit card info stolen between Oct 2017 & May 2018?

I reported my credit card info stolen on three separate occasions between last November and May. In the process of notifying my bank and closing business associations with companies that may not have been protecting my data, I basically took myself out of the market for BMW parts.

As it turns out, a company associated with Trademotion (also a sponsor of this website) was involved and a high level user's account information was compromised. On five separate occasions credit card info was extracted from the server, including mine.

Today I received a letter in the mail from Trademotion notifying me of the breach. It doesn't do a damn thing to sort out the mess that was caused all three times by the compromise, but at least now I know how it happened. Trademotion is offering a free year of LifeLock credit monitoring.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 10:55 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
I reported my credit card info stolen on three separate occasions between last November and May. In the process of notifying my bank and closing business associations with companies that may not have been protecting my data, I basically took myself out of the market for BMW parts.

As it turns out, a company associated with Trademotion (also a sponsor of this website) was involved and a high level user's account information was compromised. On five separate occasions credit card info was extracted from the server, including mine.

Today I received a letter in the mail from Trademotion notifying me of the breach. It doesn't do a damn thing to sort out the mess that was caused all three times by the compromise, but at least now I know how it happened. Trademotion is offering a free year of LifeLock credit monitoring.
I got the same letter...and issue with stolen credit card info.

But what was the actual name of the Company that sold the parts?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:37 AM   #3
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
I got the same letter...and issue with stolen credit card info.

But what was the actual name of the Company that sold the parts?
I believe TradeMotion encompasses many different parts vendors, so I can’t be certain, but I’ll PM you my suspicions. I’m about 90% certain.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:48 AM   #4
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
I believe TradeMotion encompasses many different parts vendors, so I can’t be certain, but I’ll PM you my suspicions. I’m about 90% certain.
Trade Motion is like a web host/service provider for dealers. They also offer online E-Commerce stores. They've been hacked three times over the past couple of years.

I also had three of my credit cards' compromised last year due to the trade motion data breach. Popular part sources such as GetBMWParts, etc use them.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2018, 03:23 AM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
Trade Motion is like a web host/service provider for dealers. They also offer online E-Commerce stores. They've been hacked three times over the past couple of years.

I also had three of my credit cards' compromised last year due to the trade motion data breach. Popular part sources such as GetBMWParts, etc use them.
Hmmmm. I did order from GetBMWParts.com.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 01:30 AM   #6
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

If you find out let us know, gotta protect our fellow enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0