E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Code 2D1D *Need help!!!*

07-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
xfrieddoughx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i/2008 bmw 335xi

Code 2D1D *Need help!!!*

Hey guys,So Yesterday,(after a rainy night) I went to start my car..It would crank 1..2...3..then it would almost sound like I was taping the gas by itself and car would shake.I Then Press the gas pedal and it went away.Had the light come on my dashboard.(pictures below).I Immediatly wait a minute and get worried as shit(just had my engine swapped) I try to get to work as I would be late,I manage to get around the corner.I stop at a red light.And it stalls.it starts back up fine.But wont let me go over 2k rpms almost as it's in some kind of limp mode.I turn my car around and get to work with my backup car.I get back home from work,Start my car for the first time and it does it again.i turn the car off then on,it does not do it..It appears it only does it if the car is sitting for a long time.I could not duplicate the issue for him..I run the code on the carly app(picture) I had the other 3 codes due to my o2 sensor (getting replaced tmmro) and the new one is the 2D1D code,I call the guy who did the engine swap,he came by my house ran the code and same ones,He even tried looking it up online as he did not find anything.He then clears the codes and we take it for a test drive car runs fine and no issues..,Ofcourse I could not find anything on the internet even posted on Facebook groups,Nobody bothered to say anything.Im lost and do not know what I should do,this is my last resort.Car is a 2006 bmw 325i Engine has 71k Body 154k.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Bruh,

Whats up with the geriatric font size? I can't see more than two words at a time without scrolling.

I mean, I know Efthreeoh has been around for a few years now, but he isn't THAT old!

Edit, change font size, then report back.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #3
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

oh god i just went blind
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
Bimmer Pleaser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: nothing

Appreciate 3
      07-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #5
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Looks like you're having major issues with this damn car, I remember you posted something else that went wrong a while back. Why don't you sell this hunk of junk to me. I'll give ya $800 cash for it if you can bring it down to NYC or $650 cash if I come up to dirty albs to pick it up. I went to UA for a semester a while back, I know that area pretty well. If you want me to come up, we can meet at Colonie Mall.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #6
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfrieddoughx View Post
...I turn my car around and get to work with my backup car.
Experienced BMW owner here
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 05:23 AM   #7
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Bruh,

Whats up with the geriatric font size? I can't see more than two words at a time without scrolling.

I mean, I know Efthreeoh has been around for a few years now, but he isn't THAT old!

Edit, change font size, then report back.
WTF
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #8
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
WTF

I figured you might be the only one who knew what was wrong with this f*cked up car

Last edited by e90yyc; 07-25-2018 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #9
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post

I figured you might be the only one who knew what was wrong with this f*cked up car
I didn't even read it. The fu_King typeface was too big...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #10
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

2d1d Bmw Fc

Here is what Bentley has to say about BMW FC 2D1D:

P164C | 2D1D | Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical

P1624 | 2D1D | Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical (M52: Coolant Thermostat (Coolant
Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature))

As you can see, there are TWO different P-codes that relate to the BMW Fault Code "2D1D", and it would be helpful to read codes in the DME with a P-code reader, or with INPA which also gives the P-code in addition to the BMW FC.

For those who complained about the "Font Size" of OP's post, perhaps you haven't noticed that when someone attaches a jpg to a post, strange things happen to the line length of the text, probably due to pixel size of the jpg. If you have any constructive suggestions to either OP or the Forum "management" please advise.

BTW, all one had to do to be able to easily read OP's post in one normal-sized screen was press Ctrl+(-) ~ 5 times.

George
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #11
xfrieddoughx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post
Looks like you're having major issues with this damn car, I remember you posted something else that went wrong a while back. Why don't you sell this hunk of junk to me. I'll give ya $800 cash for it if you can bring it down to NYC or $650 cash if I come up to dirty albs to pick it up. I went to UA for a semester a while back, I know that area pretty well. If you want me to come up, we can meet at Colonie Mall.
Yea no thanks lol,I just out a engine with 70k on it in here and it runs fine I believe it's something with the pedal.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
xfrieddoughx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Here is what Bentley has to say about BMW FC 2D1D:

P164C | 2D1D | Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical

P1624 | 2D1D | Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical (M52: Coolant Thermostat (Coolant
Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature))

As you can see, there are TWO different P-codes that relate to the BMW Fault Code "2D1D", and it would be helpful to read codes in the DME with a P-code reader, or with INPA which also gives the P-code in addition to the BMW FC.

For those who complained about the "Font Size" of OP's post, perhaps you haven't noticed that when someone attaches a jpg to a post, strange things happen to the line length of the text, probably due to pixel size of the jpg. If you have any constructive suggestions to either OP or the Forum "management" please advise.

BTW, all one had to do to be able to easily read OP's post in one normal-sized screen was press Ctrl+(-) ~ 5 times.

George
how could I determine the cause without a p-code reader? I have a video of the issues also.
Appreciate 0