E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E91 LCI LHD retrofit of E91 LCI RHD sports seats

07-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #1
Heylel
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Touring (E91, MY11)

E91 LCI LHD retrofit of E91 LCI RHD sports seats

Hi,

I have two leather sports seats from a right hand drive E91 LCI that I want to retrofit into my E91 LCI left hand drive car.

The current fabric sports seats have heating and lumbar support - the two leather sports seats have heating, lumbar support and powered adjustment - but no memory.

My understanding is that what is needed is to provide power to the seats (for which I have a skilled BMW indie mechanic on hand to do). But recently I saw someone mention that seat mat had to be installed in what will end up being the passenger seat (which was the driver seat when they were in the right hand drive).

Is this true? I would expect seat mat to be present in both seats from when the car rolled of the production line? IF I need to do this, could I just repurpose the sensor mat from the old seats (which are also LCI and sports seats, so should be identical)? Fabric seats are worth jack on the used parts market anyway, so I might as well remove that one and use if it can be removed without breaking it.

Thanks in advance for any advice (and possibly links to DIY's if required)

Cheers,

Thomas

Last edited by Heylel; 07-23-2018 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0