E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Left front / Right front stabilizer push rods

06-30-2018, 01:40 AM   #1
tomgwuyn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 6spd

Left front / Right front stabilizer push rods

I went to the BMW dealer today to do a 4 wheel alignment for my 06 330i . After examining , the service rep mentioned that the Left front / Right front stabilizer push rods are worn out very badly and should be replaced immediately. Is he talking about the sway bars? Also he mentioned that without replacing this, it is not advisable to do the alignment. Should I go ahead and replace them ? He is quoting around 174$ a piece .
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
ronjonsoflo
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgwuyn View Post
I went to the BMW dealer today to do a 4 wheel alignment for my 06 330i . After examining , the service rep mentioned that the Left front / Right front stabilizer push rods are worn out very badly and should be replaced immediately. Is he talking about the sway bars? Also he mentioned that without replacing this, it is not advisable to do the alignment. Should I go ahead and replace them ? He is quoting around 174$ a piece .
I believe those stabilizer push rods are actually the sway bar links.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #3
upshift_downshift
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 07 E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgwuyn View Post
It sounds like he's talking about the sway bar links. These attach the strut to the sway bar. The Lemforder (OE) parts are ~$50 for both fronts. If you've got a jack and jack stands, just do them yourself. I did mine this morning, and it took about 45 minutes. If you can't do t yourself for whatever reason, take it to an indy shop, as they'll charge roughly half what the dealer will.

Worn links should not affect your alignment, unless they are literally broken or bent.
Appreciate 0