E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Worst BMW buying experience ever......

06-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
Draconis
Rep
Drives: 335

Worst BMW buying experience ever......

It has been long since I wanted to get a nice car to enjoy, and finally I felt it was the right moment. I know the states were selling the Bimmer’s for a much better price so I was going to import a 335i coupe for myself, but I decided to check out the 335i coupe in person to make sure it’s the car I want, so I went to:

BMW Autohaus

480 Steeles Avenue West , Thornhill , ON L4J 6X6
Phone: 1(888)485-6633 Fax: (905) 886-3381
E-mail: info@bmwautohaus.ca

This was back in late April, and my Sales Rep is David Wang, and after he said I could get a car as early as May, latest early June. In less than 30 minutes, I chose my options, color and bought my first BMW.

When June came around and I did not hear A WORD about my car, so I called and their answer was “it JUST WENT into production.” At this point I was beyond upset, I mean, I bought the car because they PROMISED I would get a car soon, so after I sign, they got my deposit and screw me?

I was then told they might be able to loan me a car for the time being while waiting for my car to arrive or they might be able to find me something in their stock that’s similar. I went into the dealership last Saturday, June 14th. I was then told by my sales rep that he has no time for me and asked me to leave and come back next week. I’ve never been treated like this as a customer, and up to this point I believe I have been very cooperating. So I left with no car and disappointed…again.

Today, I went in again with my best friend, thinking I was going to leave with a 335i Coupe or at least get a car to drive until I get my car. I started talking to the Manager Lorenzo Fahoum and everything was going well until he said “there’s nothing I can do, you’ll have to come back when the General Manager’s here.” My best friend asked him why he called us in if there’s NOTHING he could do. He said “I don’t know why either, I told David not to call you guys.” My buddy pretty much bitched him out for wasting our time, and he then proceeds to say he’s just an Assistant Manager and we’re just shooting the messenger. I find them extremely unprofessional and once again, I was told to COME BACK AGAIN! He told us the manager has already left because HE COULDN’T WAIT FOR US.

I'm sorry but I work downtown for Bell Canada , and I get off at work at 6pm, the manager left at 5pm....how you expect me to go uptown to meet on HIS TIME. Once again, I thought I WAS the customer. I mean...he just left! Does he want my business or not? Why did he setup the meeting when he knows there's nothing he can do for us? Waste my time? This is my 3rd visit to the dealership. I wanted to cancel my order right there, and the assistant manager said he is the wrong person to talk to. So right now....I don't have my car....manager doesn't give a shit....and apparently I cannot cancel my order. Wow...is this really BMW?

Is it my fault that they over promised and could not deliver? The best part was they were trying to justify how their factories are cutting production because of the decrease in demand in North America , and blah blah. Now, the last time I checked that’s their internal issue, the matter of the fact is they did not fulfill their promise. Right now I just want my money back or they could give me something of similar packaged (or better) 335i coupe as a penalty.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]

Is there a point to this rambling...

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Contact BMW directly and see if they can help resolve this case. Obviously, the manager does not care too much about your business or they all walk around with clueless minds and broom stick up their....
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

I'm sorry but it's a CANADIAN you're dealing with and you expected something different?? Don't you watch Southpark??
      06-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #5
docdman
Rep
Drives: e90 IB full loaded

Thumbs down

i was going to say it is canada.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]

Available in 4WD and dark brown only. Quantities limited.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
sorry dude

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 12:34 AM   #8
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep

Yes but doesn't Canada have an equivalent BMW corporate presense. They must care about the Canadian consumer (even though the U.S. is BMW's biggest market).
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 06:23 AM   #9
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Kind of makes you wonder how you will be treated after the sale which is what really matters in the long run.
      06-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #10
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 06:58 AM   #11
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis View Post

It has been long since I wanted to get a nice car to enjoy, and finally I felt it was the right moment. I know the states were selling the Bimmer’s for a much better price so I was going to import a 335i coupe for myself, but I decided to check out the 335i coupe in person to make sure it’s the car I want, so I went to:

BMW Autohaus

480 Steeles Avenue West , Thornhill , ON L4J 6X6
Phone: 1(888)485-6633 Fax: (905) 886-3381
E-mail: info@bmwautohaus.ca

This was back in late April, and my Sales Rep is David Wang, and after he said I could get a car as early as May, latest early June. In less than 30 minutes, I chose my options, color and bought my first BMW.

When June came around and I did not hear A WORD about my car, so I called and their answer was “it JUST WENT into production.” At this point I was beyond upset, I mean, I bought the car because they PROMISED I would get a car soon, so after I sign, they got my deposit and screw me?

I was then told they might be able to loan me a car for the time being while waiting for my car to arrive or they might be able to find me something in their stock that’s similar. I went into the dealership last Saturday, June 14th. I was then told by my sales rep that he has no time for me and asked me to leave and come back next week. I’ve never been treated like this as a customer, and up to this point I believe I have been very cooperating. So I left with no car and disappointed…again.

Today, I went in again with my best friend, thinking I was going to leave with a 335i Coupe or at least get a car to drive until I get my car. I started talking to the Manager Lorenzo Fahoum and everything was going well until he said “there’s nothing I can do, you’ll have to come back when the General Manager’s here.” My best friend asked him why he called us in if there’s NOTHING he could do. He said “I don’t know why either, I told David not to call you guys.” My buddy pretty much bitched him out for wasting our time, and he then proceeds to say he’s just an Assistant Manager and we’re just shooting the messenger. I find them extremely unprofessional and once again, I was told to COME BACK AGAIN! He told us the manager has already left because HE COULDN’T WAIT FOR US.

I'm sorry but I work downtown for Bell Canada , and I get off at work at 6pm, the manager left at 5pm....how you expect me to go uptown to meet on HIS TIME. Once again, I thought I WAS the customer. I mean...he just left! Does he want my business or not? Why did he setup the meeting when he knows there's nothing he can do for us? Waste my time? This is my 3rd visit to the dealership. I wanted to cancel my order right there, and the assistant manager said he is the wrong person to talk to. So right now....I don't have my car....manager doesn't give a shit....and apparently I cannot cancel my order. Wow...is this really BMW?

Is it my fault that they over promised and could not deliver? The best part was they were trying to justify how their factories are cutting production because of the decrease in demand in North America , and blah blah. Now, the last time I checked that’s their internal issue, the matter of the fact is they did not fulfill their promise. Right now I just want my money back or they could give me something of similar packaged (or better) 335i coupe as a penalty.

I understand your pissed but you really cannot get that mad over production delays or not getting the spot in line that the dealer promised. Dealer promises are pretty worthless anyway.

Jason
      06-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #12
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Why is this in the M3 forum?
      06-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #13
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

I would just go elsewhere as they are not a very good dealer for service either.I had a big issue with them on a 540 that was in warranty.I have heard some other stories about them.We are on our 4 th vehicle from Parkview and for the most part the service has been excellent.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #14
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis View Post

I understand you are upset, but I what I cannot figure out is why you went so long without any status update on your car? I am not sure what BMW Canada offers you in that regard, but there must be _some way_ to check in on the status of your car on a regular basis.

Nothing changes the poor treatment they gave you but you need to learn to take a proactive a approach and check on things yourself. And if you find the dealership is unaccomodating in this regard, then simply take you business somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
victor328
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i e92 AW / 02 C230

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I understand you are upset, but I what I cannot figure out is why you went so long without any status update on your car? I am not sure what BMW Canada offers you in that regard, but there must be _some way_ to check in on the status of your car on a regular basis.
We can't track the car here in Canada, all the dealer knows is when the car is on the boat ! that's it !
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #16
Draconis
Rep

Hi Guys,
Here's an update. Apparently, after filing a complaint to BMW Canada and posting this forum link to them, the Sales Manager at BMW Autohaus finally called me during MY work hours. Hoping to be treated with some respect I was greeted with a bitch session of why I posted this link to tarnish their image at BMW Autohaus. I explained to him, I am just voicing my bad experience with you guys. If it was a good experience, I will also post it here, it just happened to be bad...really bad. He goes on about that he feels bad about selling the 335 to me now since I filed a complaint against them exposed my experience to this forum. So I told him to cancel my order, and he replied that I can't because of the 90 days deliver on the contract. I told him the issue was that your BMW sales rep promised me it should arrived by now and he said this was not written on contract. So what....you are saying, everything that comes out of a BMW Autohaus sales rep mouth is bullsheit until it is written in contract? This is not just about BMW Autohaus over promised something that they didn't deliever, this is also about how they treat me us as a customer. Making me visit the dealership 3 times without solving a thing is not good customer service. This is not about the contract, this is more about business ethic now. I chose to go to BMW to be treated like a somebody, not being called at work getting bitched out by the SM. (Does all BMW customer get bitched out by the SM? I don't know). After this I told him I am working now, I'll call him when I am done, he told me he finishes at 5pm. Go figure...everybody has to work. This time I called BMW Canada directly and told them my experience, they in return was very friendly and nice and seem to sided with me. They said the dealership is independly owned so they can not force them to return my deposit, but they can put this specific complaint against them and will look into it. I was really happy with BMW Canada since they actually CARE about their customer. I called BMW Autohaus back after my work hours, and it seems I can't find the SM anymore...disappeared once again. Can't wait until he calls me back again....will update you guys some more when it happens. I've already put the $1000 deposit in suspended mode from my credit hard and changed my VISA number. This experience is becoming a nightmare.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #17
victor328
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i e92 AW / 02 C230

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
It sounds like they _WERE_ willing to work with you and possibly loan you a car until you came into the dealership. I can only imagine that you had to be pretty obnoxious for the dealer to kick you out. I doubt it's a coincidence that they no longer want to loan you a car.

Delays are a fact of life; we all have to live with them.

It sounds like you pretty much spoiled the deal yourself. I would recommend cancelling the car, and starting over somewhere else with a fresh attitude.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #18
Draconis
Rep

When does a customer ever apologise and suck up to the seller?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #19
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep

I think the once thing Draconis could have done before posting this thread is call BMW of Canada directly and file a complaint. If that did nothing, then I would have gone his route. People are always trying to screw you and it is good if you stand up for yourself and do whatever you can to either resolve the situation or it the situation is not resolvable, unless post something to warn others from running into the same situation with the vendor/company they are having issues with.

The internet is a great thing as it finally has given the consumer a method to let others know when a company is mistreating their customers. I am running into a similar issue myself but with a different type of "service provider". If this does not get resolved, I will be posting about my experience and putting comments on Yelp to help others stay away from shady businesses.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
Draconis
Rep

CAn the admin remove this thread? We dont need two post of the same topic.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #21
iliabichin
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 323i

BMW Canada does nothing to help you. Don't even try to e mail them or phone. Respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
I think the once thing Draconis could have done before posting this thread is call BMW of Canada directly and file a complaint. If that did nothing, then I would have gone his route. People are always trying to screw you and it is good if you stand up for yourself and do whatever you can to either resolve the situation or it the situation is not resolvable, unless post something to warn others from running into the same situation with the vendor/company they are having issues with.

The internet is a great thing as it finally has given the consumer a method to let others know when a company is mistreating their customers. I am running into a similar issue myself but with a different type of "service provider". If this does not get resolved, I will be posting about my experience and putting comments on Yelp to help others stay away from shady businesses.

You can call BMW canada as much as you wan,t. complain? HA hA
who listens to you. Wonder why do they get paid?
Appreciate 0