E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Worst BMW buying experience ever......

06-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
Draconis
Rep
Drives: 335

Worst BMW buying experience ever......

Worst BMW buying experience ever......

It has been long since I wanted to get a nice car to enjoy, and finally I felt it was the right moment. I know the states were selling the Bimmer’s for a much better price so I was going to import a 335i coupe for myself, but I decided to check out the 335i coupe in person to make sure it’s the car I want, so I went to:

BMW Autohaus

480 Steeles Avenue West , Thornhill , ON L4J 6X6
Phone: 1(888)485-6633 Fax: (905) 886-3381
E-mail: info@bmwautohaus.ca

This was back in late April, and my Sales Rep is David Wang, and after he said I could get a car as early as May, latest early June. In less than 30 minutes, I chose my options, color and bought my first BMW.

When June came around and I did not hear A WORD about my car, so I called and their answer was “it JUST WENT into production.” At this point I was beyond upset, I mean, I bought the car because they PROMISED I would get a car soon, so after I sign, they got my deposit and screw me?

I was then told they might be able to loan me a car for the time being while waiting for my car to arrive or they might be able to find me something in their stock that’s similar. I went into the dealership last Saturday, June 14th. I was then told by my sales rep that he has no time for me and asked me to leave and come back next week. I’ve never been treated like this as a customer, and up to this point I believe I have been very cooperating. So I left with no car and disappointed…again.

Today, I went in again with my best friend, thinking I was going to leave with a 335i Coupe or at least get a car to drive until I get my car. I started talking to the Manager Lorenzo Fahoum and everything was going well until he said “there’s nothing I can do, you’ll have to come back when the General Manager’s here.” My best friend asked him why he called us in if there’s NOTHING he could do. He said “I don’t know why either, I told David not to call you guys.” My buddy pretty much bitched him out for wasting our time, and he then proceeds to say he’s just an Assistant Manager and we’re just shooting the messenger. I find them extremely unprofessional and once again, I was told to COME BACK AGAIN! He told us the manager has already left because HE COULDN’T WAIT FOR US.

I'm sorry but I work in downtown, and I get off at work at 6pm, the manager left at 5pm....how you expect me to go uptown to meet on HIS TIME. Once again, I thought I WAS the customer. I mean...he just left! Does he want my business or not? Why did he setup the meeting when he knows there's nothing he can do for us? Waste my time? This is my 3rd visit to the dealership. I wanted to cancel my order right there, and the assistant manager said he is the wrong person to talk to. So right now....I don't have my car....manager doesn't give a shit....and apparently I cannot cancel my order. Wow...is this really BMW?

Is it my fault that they over promised and could not deliver? The best part was they were trying to justify how their factories are cutting production because of the decrease in demand in North America , and blah blah. Now, the last time I checked that’s their internal issue, the matter of the fact is they did not fulfill their promise. Right now I just want my money back or they could give me something of similar packaged (or better) 335i coupe as a penalty.

Jacky

Last edited by Draconis; 06-18-2008 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

I feel for ya man, customer service... altho not bad on some levels at some establishments is just PURE ass.

its great hearing it come from someone that works at BELL CANADA tho, your customer service is NOTORIOUS for being the shits, especially internet support...OMG i wanna beat the shi@t outta Customer service reps at BELL.

but not you buddy, LoL... do they know you WORK at BELL... anyways, point being...customer service is often an artform not practiced near enough.

if you feel that strongly, say you want your money back...you should demand it in fact, there must be some type of strong legal stance you can take. cause the runaround youre getting is pure bullshiat.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

why would you wait 2 month without a production #? I was able to track the progress of the car from the day it went to production to when it arrived at the delivery center.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
go somewhere else and buy, get your deposit back! Also call bmwna

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
canook
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340

thats a shame that it turned out the way it did. Take your deposit and check elsewhere.

I bought from BMW Autohaus, Joe Orgovan was my Sales Consultant. Nothing but great things to say about that guy. Try talking to him, he went looking everywhere to find me my car, the service was fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
Draconis
Rep
Drives: 335

Haha...thanks for the support guys. I don't work at customer service at bell. I work at Bell Sympatico/MSN. I will take this complaint to BMW Canada.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
s4008616
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 991 Carrera S

Hi

Looks like I ordered my car at the same time as you did.
I am in Australia, ordered my car late April. But I was told clearly that to have a custom build 335i to my spec, the production will be in June and delivery is expecting in August. I was just confirmed by my sales that my car has gone into production last week in Germany.

Having said that, the standard car purchase contract in Australia always allows us to pull out if we cannot get satisfactory finance. Not sure if this applies to the States but if it does, use this as a way to get you out from the contract. Just say you loose your job (touch wood) and you cannot get finance.

Best wish
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #8
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothin right now

Get you r deposit back and find a dealer that treats you better - order a new one and get a production number immediately.

Good Luck!
      06-18-2008, 01:42 AM   #9
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
wow...surprised to hear something like this from a bmw dealer. i didn't know canadian dealers are this bad.
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
shyestsparks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T

Get your deposit back and go to another dealer; If this is how they treat you while your sale is pending (you haven't signed the papers right?); imagine how they'll treat you after you've signed the final papers.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 02:52 AM   #11
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothin right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
Get your deposit back and go to another dealer; If this is how they treat you while your sale is pending (you haven't signed the papers right?); imagine how they'll treat you after you've signed the final papers.
+1
      06-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #12
nidget
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e91

Garage List
2009 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis View Post
When June came around and I did not hear A WORD about my car, so I called and their answer was “it JUST WENT into production.”
I understand they should not behave like this with any customer and you're 150% right to complain to BMW. However, do you have a foreseen delivery date on the buying coupon ? If not, there is nothing you can do legally, except wait. Not asking a written delivery date is a common mistake when buying a car, so you should check this. Be also careful about complaining and giving names and addresses in a forum. This may cost you a lot if they decide to sue you.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 04:47 AM   #13
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis View Post
...and apparently I cannot cancel my order.
Sure you can. You can also get your deposit back. Just raise hell with BMW Canada and make a lot of noise.

For what it's worth this is not representative of the typical experience and sounds like a problem with that particular dealer. There should be other dealers in the Toronto area - ask around to see which is the best.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 05:18 AM   #14
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

yah dude. my dealer treated me like royalty. get your money back. for 50k you deserve better. call bmwna
      06-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #15
john0213
The Allergy Season
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 Blk Saph. 335xi

that's 60k closer to 70k for us canadian buyer~

we are spending the price of M3 up here to get a 335i

just for your info, my 335xi fully loaded came up to be 70k before tax~
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #16
Civ95
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi Touring

Draconis, I ordered a little after you (May 2), but in my case the dealer was seemingly very conservative in his time estimate. He said end of July, maybe mid-July at best. However, my own current estimate puts it in the 2nd week of July (the car is on the boat now).

I can't imagine how miserable I would be if he had misrepresented the delivery date to get the sale.

BTW, another dealer I visited also said I could get the car at the end of July, although he did not have an available slot for a Touring, whereas the first one did. This comforted me that the first dealer was honest.
      06-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #17
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

You should definitely take your deposit back
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #18
stevenqdz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi e90

Garage List
2008 e90 335xi  [0.00]
if u do bought the car at the end..... right b4 they ask u to give them all 5's just give them a big fat middle finger!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #19
Vacek
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 X3

This is easy ... "Call" the manager, and tell him/her you will be by at 7pm this evening to pick up your deposit check.

Short of that, your lawyer will be calling them at 8am tomorrow to deal with the issue in court. The Media would love this one I assume (they love to prey on crap like this)

BMW don't need the hassle.

Care to drive to NB? The dealer here is awesome and have some 335's in stock
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #20
giddyup69
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ95 View Post
Draconis, I ordered a little after you (May 2), but in my case the dealer was seemingly very conservative in his time estimate. He said end of July, maybe mid-July at best. However, my own current estimate puts it in the 2nd week of July (the car is on the boat now).

I can't imagine how miserable I would be if he had misrepresented the delivery date to get the sale.

BTW, another dealer I visited also said I could get the car at the end of July, although he did not have an available slot for a Touring, whereas the first one did. This comforted me that the first dealer was honest.
+1.... don't know if this is your 1st car or what... but keeping a dealer's word for an accurate delivery date is like looking towards the weatherman for an accurate weather forecast.

i ordered my car through bmw of mississauga. it was a couple weeks late as well. in comparison... when i leased my 2001 corvette... it was delayed 6 months. if you are that disappointed... just cancel the order and go someplace else.

although i do find it hilarious that you work for bell and are blaming another company for horrible customer service...
      06-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #21
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Get your deposit back and go elsewhere. My dealer promised me 6 weeks and delivered in less than 5 weeks and even gave me a Z4 Roadster for a week before I picked up my car.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #22
victor328
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i e92 AW / 02 C230

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canook View Post
thats a shame that it turned out the way it did. Take your deposit and check elsewhere.

I bought from BMW Autohaus, Joe Orgovan was my Sales Consultant. Nothing but great things to say about that guy. Try talking to him, he went looking everywhere to find me my car, the service was fantastic.
I also bought my car from Joe, have to say he is a great guy too ! Bought my car on April 5th and was told it would be about 10 weeks. It's been about 10 weeks now and I've been told that the car will be here by the end of June. I checked out 5 other dealers in the Toronto area and they all told me the same thing 8-10 weeks. I ended up purchasing the car at Autohaus because of the location and they gave me a good deal. I don't think it matters what dealer I bought from, the wait would have been the same. You have to remember the dealers don't manufacture the car so they are at the mercy of the factory. Another thing that made me purchase the car there was that 2 other salespeople at 2 other dealers tried to tell me that floor mats were not included in the car and they wanted to charge me for wheel locks ($75) telling me it was a dealer policy to charge for them. Joe on the other hand threw in 2 sets of mats and the wheel locks, I know this is very minor but it helps when making a decision of where to buy.
Appreciate 0