BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Digital dahsboard possible displays (M5)

06-07-2018, 04:43 AM   #1
Laurent T
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW unfortunately

Digital dahsboard possible displays (M5)

Dear owners. I am a car enthusiast trying to prepare a comprehensive study on the M5 F90 (technical from BMW press releases, test summaries worldwide,...) that I plan to make available through Blurb once completed (likely end of the year to integrate all the Car of the Year reviews that the M5 is most likely to participate to).
I have some hard time finding official information on the available digital dashboard modes & appareances. I only found on BMW press site some pictures for the 750l...
Since the system seems similar on both cars, they may have same possibilities, but I would like to confirm from actual owners. In particular, can you also on the M5 display the map directly on dashboard, as shown below ?
Thanks !
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
frankchn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

The 6WB cluster can do that, but you have to turn off the heads-up display (or else your navigation information shows up in the HUD instead).

BTW, that is not the map, but navigation direction information. I don't think you can display normal maps in the cluster.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:28 AM   #3
Laurent T
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchn View Post
The 6WB cluster can do that, but you have to turn off the heads-up display (or else your navigation information shows up in the HUD instead).

BTW, that is not the map, but navigation direction information. I don't think you can display normal maps in the cluster.
OK, thank you !
Appreciate 0