BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    What happens if BMW messes up my build.

05-31-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
basque76
Not a BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' BMW 535i (dec.), 19' M5

What happens if BMW messes up my build.

Got a message from my new dealer that my May production M5 was in production BUT was missing some of the options (CCB, HK sound, etc.) I requested "due to factory mess up" and asked if I still wanted the car, with an undisclosed "discount". Why wouldn't the dealer just rectify the issue with BMW corp while the car is on site? Dealer wants to offer another allocation but hasn't told me what the production week that would be so I'm kind of confused. Do I want a 2018 M% in September or later? Doubtful. Oh this is after I dropped another another dealer because he told me he had an allocation and had me waiting for 2 months with no production number and when I pressed for it he just ignored my emails.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by basque76 View Post
Got a message from my new dealer that my May production M5 was in production BUT was missing some of the options (CCB, HK sound, etc.) I requested "due to factory mess up" and asked if I still wanted the car, with an undisclosed "discount". Why wouldn't the dealer just rectify the issue with BMW corp while the car is on site? Dealer wants to offer another allocation but hasn't told me what the production week that would be so I'm kind of confused. Do I want a 2018 M% in September or later? Doubtful. Oh this is after I dropped another another dealer because he told me he had an allocation and had me waiting for 2 months with no production number and when I pressed for it he just ignored my emails.
HK is not an option..its the radio it comes with..for US there is only a few options CCB being one of them..unless you are going to take it to the track or if you need every option i would not care about CCB. really the other options are sunroof and M-drivers package. then you have EXC pack..and drivers ass. package..did you have a custom color or interior?? I hope all works out..if its a lease take the discount..and have an early out on it then order a 2019.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
basque76
Not a BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' BMW 535i (dec.), 19' M5

Sorry meant it was suppose to have Bower & Wilkins and Ceramic Brakes and those were left off. Yeah I guess it's getting towards mid year. Might as well just order a 2019. How this happens when everything should be digital is retarded.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry meant it was suppose to have Bower & Wilkins and Ceramic Brakes and those were left off. Yeah I guess it's getting towards mid year. Might as well just order a 2019. How this happens when everything should be digital is retarded.
it happened to me so do not feel bad and i was doing euro delivery.. had many fights with BMW NA and the ED department.. in the long run i took the order and BMW and the dealer made me a deal.. I only kept the car 8 months..haha.. i have an M3cs on order..but i might just do Euro Delivery on the M5 comp pack..time will tell the M3 does not have a build date till mid July..and no euro delivery on it..if i do keep it i am going to pick it up in South Carolina at the plant. good luck..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
sybaek9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
I had a situation where my car built was wrecked at port before delivery to dealer. BMW NA and dealership was super helpful and provided loaner and cash compensation.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
XXX-BEAST
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 R8

Quote:
If you have proof they messed it up you can refuse the car and any deposits you made will be returned...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #7
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
How does that even happen?!

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0