BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
emergent
not a poof
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue X5M

bimmerperformancestore.com

I ordered the Vorsteiner rear diffuser from them a few weeks back, and they told me it would ship last Monday. They emailed me mid-week saying it had shipped and gave me a tracking number. As of today the tracking number still does not work, but they say it has in fact shipped. Has anyone dealt with them before? I feel like sometimes these car parts places have a higher scam rate than other industries. I'm not accusing them of anything right now, but I'm jut wondering if anyone has had a bad experience.
      06-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by emergent View Post
I ordered the Vorsteiner rear diffuser from them a few weeks back, and they told me it would ship last Monday. They emailed me mid-week saying it had shipped and gave me a tracking number. As of today the tracking number still does not work, but they say it has in fact shipped. Has anyone dealt with them before? I feel like sometimes these car parts places have a higher scam rate than other industries. I'm not accusing them of anything right now, but I'm jut wondering if anyone has had a bad experience.
Bob's good people. Give him a call and I'm sure he can clear things up for you.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I spoke to Bob today to order a black M3 badge... He seemed pretty cool told me he'd personally stick it in the mail immediately and I would have it by the end of the week. I already got confirmation emails that my order was filled and shipped. This is my first experience with them. Seems good so far.
      06-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

Understand that Bob, and every other authorized Vorsteiner dealer is subject to Vorsteiner's inventory. Many retailers do not often stock parts due to the cost of inventory and the convenience of drop shipping directly from the manufacturer. I know of others who have experienced delays with Vorsteiner. It's unfortunate, but when you have a quality product and virtually no competition, it happens.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
emergent
not a poof
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue X5M

Ok, it is Vorsteiner who is the problem here. I don't want to make bimmerperformancestore look bad, and they have stayed in communication and been very upfront. I just got worried when they said it shiped and it hadn't ... that is usually the sign of a scam, but in this case it was not their fault at all. I can certainly recommend them to anyone considering their quick communication.
      06-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
Vorsteiner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, M5, M6

We are currently backordered on all E92 M3 coupe products.

There are a small handful of dealers that have very few in stock but most likely are sold or allocated to customers already.

Please contact your sales representative to find out what the correct lead times are for your order.

Thank you,

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #7
Bob@BPS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328

BPS Vorsteiner Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by emergent View Post
We just talked on the phone yesterday, and I explained the situation and you were very cool with the status of your order. There was some confusion about whether the order was 1x1 or 2x2 weave. Just so everyone knows, all Vorsteiner parts for the E92 M3 are made in 1x1 mesh to match the 1x1 weave of the OEM roof. Unless you indicate otherwise, ALL E92 parts will come 1x1. There was some confusion that emergent wanted 2x2, which delayed the order to ensure he got the right part. This was AFTER they had asked for and received a shipping label. We straightened that out yesterday, and your diffuser shipped a couple of hours later. According to Fedex your diffuser is due for delivery on 6/25.

I HAVE added the option to order E92 M3 parts in 2x2 twill, but we're trying to be VERY clear THAT pattern will not match your OE CF roof. If you're OK with that, Vorsteiner is happy to make your parts however you want them. My personal preference is 2x2, because it has a more defined look, but that wouldn't match your roof. My AW E92 M3 is coming at the end of next month, so I just ordered MY parts in 1x1. I think it might look really funny if the CF weave was not consistent throughout the entire car.

Those of you that have never order a Vorsteiner or any other hand-made part, let me give you a little overview of the process.
  1. All Vorsteiner parts are hand-made using a mold. They are NOT mass produced on a production line and they are NOT made in Asia. They are made by Vorsteiner employees in their production facility in SoCal.
  2. Just like other products that use a mold, you can only make one part per mold at a time
  3. If you order a product that we don't have pre-made in our inventory or we already have on order, then you get in line and wait your turn for the mold
  4. Vorsteiner's quality control (QC) is second to none, so sometimes parts come out of the mold and are not acceptable to send to a customer, so they get trashed. When that happens, THAT order has to be re-made and everyone in line gets pushed back by about 2 days. This happened back in January when we had a cold snap where temperatures were below freezing (very unusual for SoCal). Every product in every mold got ruined and had to be re-made.
  5. After a part passes QC, it's ready to ship, which usually happens within 24-48 hours.

So, ordering a Vorsteiner part is very limited production product, which makes it very exclusive. About a year ago, a member at the m3forum.net. made a very misguided comment and said "I don't want CSL parts on my car, because I don't want it to look like everyone else's". My response to that was, "Of course you realize the ONLY places you'll see THIS kind of concentration of Vorsteiner parts is on the forum and at BimmerFest". In your town, it's VERY unlikely you'll drive up to another Bimmer and feel like you're looking at your car's twin.

If you'd like to order Vorsteiner parts and would like to reduce your lead times, we have E92 M3 bootlids, spoilers and diffusers on order. Sales of Vorsteiner E92 M3 parts have now exceeded sales of E46 M3 parts, so the current lead times are 3-4 weeks. Our order will be due in 2-3 weeks, so please go on line and place your order if you'd like to take advantage of our pre-orders.

Thanks,

Bob

Bimmer Performance Store
Appreciate 0