E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > A couple questions regarding the installation of BC coilovers (in the rear)

05-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #1
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW X3 35i Msport + S2000

A couple questions regarding the installation of BC coilovers (in the rear)

Hey guys, so I've installed a handful of coilover kits in my lifetime, but installing these BC coilovers will be the first time I wil be installing a kit that has adjustable spring height AND shock height in the rear. My main concern is how do I know I have them both adjusted correctly so they aren't fighting each other. Most coilover kits only have an adjustable spring height in the rear (like St coilovers for example). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

....and one other question.

Regarding the position of the spring in the rear, does this picture look correct?

Is it true the OEM rubber mounting pads on the top and bottom of the spring are removed for this coilover installation?

05-22-2018, 06:36 PM   #2
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Any feedback?
      05-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #3
000ooo000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

I have no idea but I'll be installing them whenever I get them. How is it going besides that?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #4
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I am doing the install this Saturday
      05-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #5
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
Hey guys, so I've installed a handful of coilover kits in my lifetime, but installing these BC coilovers will be the first time I wil be installing a kit that has adjustable spring height AND shock height in the rear. My main concern is how do I know I have them both adjusted correctly so they aren't fighting each other. Most coilover kits only have an adjustable spring height in the rear (like St coilovers for example). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

....and one other question.

Regarding the position of the spring in the rear, does this picture look correct?

Is it true the OEM rubber mounting pads on the top and bottom of the spring are removed for this coilover installation?

Set your ride height using the spring adjuster first... then go back and adjust the strut length so that there is no pre-load on the spring. You can then tweak from there.
Appreciate 0