THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Muffler bypass mod (aka half of an MPPK)?

05-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
knyghtryda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i M Performance Ed.

Muffler bypass mod (aka half of an MPPK)?

Been looking at various exhaust options, but was wondering if anyone has tried or has an example of a modification to the stock exhaust that runs a short section of pipe from before the muffler to just before the flapper valve. End result is valve closed, stock sound. Valve open, straight(ish) pipe sound. Kind of like the MPPK but single sided. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
I’ve been wanting to do this exact mod
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 02:59 AM   #3
knyghtryda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i M Performance Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questofthetune View Post
I’ve been wanting to do this exact mod
Anyone got a lead on a cheap stock exhaust setup? Would rather work on a spare than on my brand new car I've got a friend with a welder and I could sure use a welding lesson, so this seems like a good time.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
gerry25
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyghtryda View Post
Been looking at various exhaust options, but was wondering if anyone has tried or has an example of a modification to the stock exhaust that runs a short section of pipe from before the muffler to just before the flapper valve. End result is valve closed, stock sound. Valve open, straight(ish) pipe sound. Kind of like the MPPK but single sided. Any thoughts?
hi
i moded my silencer *the one that have the pipes, i welded all the insight holes and the result wasn't very different maybe the car was 10/15% louder,you can test uninstalling the silencer ,you need to cut the tube ,buy the bmw metal conector that we use to install the mperformance exhaust , if you like how it sound mod the silencer, if you don't only re install the silencer with the metal conector.

i ended buying a custom made exhaust and it really make a big difference.
if want a noticeable difference and you don't want to spend a lot of money you can only remove the little silencer and the resonator that are before the silencer.

check my post i loaded photos.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483116

hope this helps
Appreciate 0