F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > Poor experience with Turner Motorsports
GetBMWParts

04-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

Poor experience with Turner Motorsports

To start this off, it takes me quite a bit to actually "complain" as I understand business related issues and have previously owned an automotive business for 7 years before going into gov work... however that being said, it has also developed a "pet peeve" for certain things I find easy to fix, or not repeat in the process, within a business. Having purchased over $10,000 in parts alone in the past 6 weeks for my BMW, most of them from forum vendors here, I have a hard time believing they can do it just fine, but one other company cannot.

As far as the issue goes, I purchased a relatively simple component - a vac/boost port adapter that goes under the MAP sensor (Macht Schnell 10.25.100 boost metering block). Most vendors had these out of stock, but Turners website showed 2 days out (currently as of writing this it says ship date May 2, which would be 7 days). I placed the order online and patiently waited, expecting a week or so at max for any sort of shipping.

I emailed Turner on April 18th asking where my order was as the website still didn't say shipped, and I hadn't received any sort of tracking. I received an email later that day stating it would ship out on April 20th and they added a "faster" ground option, which I assume just meant USPS or FedEx/UPS instead of the surepost that takes forever.

April 23rd I had still not received any shipping information, so I again emailed asking what the status was, which I did not receive any answers.

Finally, April 24th in the early afternoon, I used the online chat feature and spoke with one of the employees, who informed me the company is actually waiting for a production run on the part to be done before any are shipped out, and no ETA is available. I asked him to contact me and let me know what the estimated date would be, or if they could find me a similar product for the same price, or offer me the Dinan part for similar due to the wait, and I was told by the salesman that he would email me.

Having not heard anything back, I sent an email that evening stating my dissatisfaction with their lack of customer service, and asking that my order be canceled. This morning, April 25th, I received a confirmation email on the cancelation, however not even a simple apology for the lack of customer service, follow up on multiple occasions etc.

So looking through all of this, it took 14 days to figure out a part isn't coming, when all along they weren't even in production. What really annoys me though isn't the product timeline, which is out of their control, but the communication, which is something easily controllable. Why did it take me emailing a week later to find out it wasn't shipping in the stated timeline, and multiple other communications going unresolved. The other thing, being a prior business owner, is it is not EVER the customers fault that the company is "too busy", or "has a lot going on", and that should never be the excuse for poor customer service. Having not received an apology from any of this, or any attempt at salvaging the sale and offering a comparable product, it really comes off as Turner just doesn't give a crap about me.

Thankfully, there are other vendors on this forum that are enjoying my paychecks!

Last edited by FenixMike; 04-25-2018 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

They are joined at the hip with ECS Tuning and I've had similar issues, thought not that drawn out. The first instance I ordered a bunch of aftermarket parts and when one of them was delayed they offered to expedite the available parts until it came back in stock. The second time was a few weeks ago ordering a replacement coolant tank and when I found it was delayed I just cancelled the order since I needed to replace my leaking one asap. And both times I got an email notification stating that I needed to call them about an issue with my order. If you received no notification when the date was pushed out then they have an internal issue.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0