BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Part identification help

04-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
llano_estacado
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

Part identification help

I found this on the floor behind the driver's seat after I had some passengers inside. The vehicle is only a few weeks old, so it might have already been loose and hiding under the driver's seat and I didn't notice. Anyone have an idea of what this is?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

I haven't had the door apart but it looks like the filler for the door trim (on the inside of the door mirror).
It's not super important to have it in place but it helps with sound insulation and stops the mirror wires from rattling.

My guess is that the assembly worker dropped it and either grabbed a second one or didn't install it at all. The only way to find out is to take the door trim off.

See part 12 here - http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_3194
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Yup, mr_lab_rat nailed it! That styrofoam piece fits where he says; underneath the door trim /window surround, between the upper door tweeter and mirror mounting screws. It serves as a sound deadener behind the tweeter while providing a channel to support the tweeter's wiring to keep it in place and not rattle.
Appreciate 0