E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i performance exhaust mod - where?!

04-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White BMW 335i convertible

335i performance exhaust mod - where?!

I have been asking quite a few garages for quotes on carrying out the Performance Exhaust mod for my 335i, but all have said they are not willing to carry it out as it's not something they feel comfortable doing.

Does anyone know any good exhaust garages in or around London, or even South East of England who can carry out this work (prefabbly someone who has done it a bunch of times before)?

Any help with pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 09:56 AM   #2
Parmb24
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i M Sport DCT Coupe

Hi Mate,

http://www.exhaustmods.co.uk/ - Ive been previously quoted a few weeks ago for £280 + Travel for an exhaust mod to the standard E92 335i N55 Exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Brilliant thanks so much mate, I'll give him a shout. It's a touch on a pricey side but I want it badly.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #4
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Unfortunately Paul is busy until July, is there anyone else that can do this job? Surely must be more?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #5
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just an FYI for anyone in South East, a company called Flowtech (in Dagenham, Essex) have confirmed they can do the job, quoted me £260 all in.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_335i View Post
Just an FYI for anyone in South East, a company called Flowtech (in Dagenham, Essex) have confirmed they can do the job, quoted me £260 all in.
What did you specifically ask them to do? Or did they already understand what P.E. mod to a 335i entails?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #7
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Actually got it done today.

They have alot of experience with exhausts and welding. High recommend them, literally before I even finished explaining they knew what I wanted and how to achieve it. Did it in a few hours, and the exhaust note sounds much better on open throttle. Not excessively loud at all, and even pops here and there.

I am on OEM muffler tips, so will change to sightly bigger ones at some point, so may even amplify the sound even more, which I am not afraid of, as it doesn't sound THAT far from stock when just cruising around.

Zero done.

Happy to take a video if anyone would like.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #8
DrewM.
Private
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I'd be very interested in seeing a video of the sound after the PE mod was carried out, I'd also love to see some photo's of the quality of their welding, assuming you took any that is?

The company in question is not a million miles from me, and I'm quite interested in getting the PE mod done, they could be a convenient alternative to Paul @ PCW.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #9
jhandy2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM. View Post
I'd be very interested in seeing a video of the sound after the PE mod was carried out, I'd also love to see some photo's of the quality of their welding, assuming you took any that is?

The company in question is not a million miles from me, and I'm quite interested in getting the PE mod done, they could be a convenient alternative to Paul @ PCW.

Cheers.

Me also. Can t decide if it'll drone to much
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
DrewM.
Private
England
Rep

Hi Yam.

Have you managed to get a video clip of the exhaust?

I've been ringing about over the past few days to find a company to do the mod for a reasonable price, and so far Flowtech are coming out as the cheapest.

I'm not adverse to paying a fair price for things, but, to me £360 (the cheapest I've found elsewhere) for three (ish) hours labour, a couple of short lengths of pipe and some welding rod is just a little more than I think is a fair price for the work involved in modding the standard exhaust, especially when I think I've had a full cat back exhaust made for £600, and a Porches exhaust modified for £280
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #11
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey guys

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while and I underestimated the demand for the video!

Just to clarify, windows up or down, this does not drone. I've recently done about 150 miles on the motorway and not one moment did I think it's droning. With the windows totally up, it almost feels like stock.

I also think £360 is waaay too much for a job like this!! I even felt £260 was abit pricey but I got it done because it was so convinient for me. The guys who did are are top lads and I can only recommend them.

And finally, here is a vid which I have uploaded on to YouTube for you guys. This straight after a cold start and the revs have settled. On a cold start this thing is definitely loud! Which I can post up separately too if people want to hear it.

Let me know if you guys want more or any specific questions.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #12
DrewM.
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_335i View Post
Hey guys

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while and I underestimated the demand for the video!

Just to clarify, windows up or down, this does not drone. I've recently done about 150 miles on the motorway and not one moment did I think it's droning. With the windows totally up, it almost feels like stock.

I also think £360 is waaay too much for a job like this!! I even felt £260 was abit pricey but I got it done because it was so convinient for me. The guys who did are are top lads and I can only recommend them.

And finally, here is a vid which I have uploaded on to YouTube for you guys. This straight after a cold start and the revs have settled. On a cold start this thing is definitely loud! Which I can post up separately too if people want to hear it.

Let me know if you guys want more or any specific questions.
Nice one Yam, much appreciated.

If it's not to much of a problem a cold start video would be great?

Did you drop the car off and leave them to it, or hang about while the work was done?
Appreciate 0