E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Wheel Speed sesnor

04-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
Bamz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335d

Wheel Speed sesnor

have a fault on my car which diagnostic points to rear wheel speed sensor...so I ordered a new one during the week and stripped the wheel down today to replace only to find I have the wrong sensor.. all of the online parts supplier say I need the sensor on the first picture but the existing sensor is shown in the second picture is half the diameter, the new sensor doesn't fit in it's place

can anyone tell me where I can find the correct part or give me a part number for it ?[IMG]undefined[/IMG][IMG]undefined[/IMG][IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
Bamz
Registered
Rep

this is the actual sensor currently installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamz View Post
have a fault on my car which diagnostic points to rear wheel speed sensor...so I ordered a new one during the week and stripped the wheel down today to replace only to find I have the wrong sensor.. all of the online parts supplier say I need the sensor on the first picture but the existing sensor is shown in the second picture is half the diameter, the new sensor doesn't fit in it's place

can anyone tell me where I can find the correct part or give me a part number for it ?[IMG]undefined[/IMG][IMG]undefined[/IMG][IMG]undefined[/IMG]
as per picture
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI

I don't have the exact part number as I will pick up mine but when I called the dealer they only can get one by using your vin number so call the dealer and they should give you the correct part number, I have seen on line the sensor from the second picture but who knows if that is the correct one, they can look the same and yet something will be different that you can't tell by looking at it
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50
      04-19-2018, 12:42 AM   #4
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep

got my part for the rear ABS sensor (335d 2009), they are the same for left or right. The part number is 34-52-6-870-077, hopefully I can attach the pictures where you can also see the shape and the part number on it. Took me lazy 2 hours to do it, should be done in 1 hour but i was not in rush
Attached Images

Last edited by grzes; 04-19-2018 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
Bamz1.50
      04-19-2018, 01:51 AM   #5
Bamz
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzes View Post
got my part for the rear ABS sensor (335d 2009), they are the same for left or right. The part number is 34-52-6-870-077, hopefully I can attach the pictures where you can also see the shape and the part number on it. Took me lazy 2 hours to do it, should be done in 1 hour but i was not in rush
Quote:
Thanks mate - I have managed to source the correct part via my local motor factors...once I had it, it was only a 45minute job as you say

cleared codes and no more issues - and I now have accurate cruise control again
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #6
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep

cruise is something I have missed as well as I often drive 750 km one way every 2 weeks but more I was worry about not having traction control and ABS just in case I will need it, especially in my climate
Regarding codes, did you have to clear them? mine went away after I drove for about 50 meters

Quote:
Thanks mate - I have managed to source the correct part via my local motor factors...once I had it, it was only a 45minute job as you say

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
Bamz
Registered
Rep

Quote:
cruise is something I have missed as well as I often drive 750 km one way every 2 weeks but more I was worry about not having traction control and ABS just in case I will need it, especially in my climate
Regarding codes, did you have to clear them? mine went away after I drove for about 50 meters

Quote:

yes I cleared mine myself regardless via software which I had done before but was coming back on with 10mtrs...stayed off this time so was happy
Appreciate 1
grzes32.50
      04-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #8
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep

well glad you have fixed it, nothing like having all the function back in action
Appreciate 0