BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery A note about high volume dealers

04-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Bostongio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

A note about high volume dealers

So I went with a high volume dealer found through here on the forums, as they offered a really good deal. A deal, I might add, that they changed at the last minute and added over $1,000 to the agreed-upon price. But I was at their mercy, or facing starting all over again with a new dealer.

Working with high volume BMW advisors is a challenge. They apparently aren't really given adequate administrative resources to help with the volumes they are dealing with. In fact, they are virtually impossible to get a hold of. I constantly had to reach out to third-parties to try and get a response from my dealer throughout the order process. The order process alone took about 8 weeks (Which wasn't my fault; my order remain unchanged since Day 1. They just couldn't put the order in due to allocation resources.).

Finally, I have my wonderful 540i, and have had it for 3 weeks now, nearing 2,000 miles. The downside? My temporary tag from picking up the car at the PDC expires in less than a week and again, zero communication from this highly-rated, high-volume dealer, despite two emails into him asking where are my tags.

So yes, you get a good deal when you go this route. But you also get a huge lack of communication, little administrative support, and huge frustration about the details of the deal. Which is a little unexpected when you're paying upwards of $60k+ for this wonderful vehicle.

Just my two cents. If I had to do it all over again, I'd likely pay a little more to work with a local CA and dealer, and not have to deal with all the silence and hassle.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #2
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d MSport xDrive

Similar issue here in the UK. Dealers through car comparison sites such as CarWow do the same. I was offered an amazing discount by a dealer in London, everything was agreed and then when I phoned to pay the deposit and order the car, they reduced the discount by 13%!! And they blamed CarWow.
When I contacted CarWow, they just said that it was the dealer who sorted the price out and CarWow just showed the figures.

Didn't bother me in the end, because my local dealer got close to the discount.

G30 530d M Sport xdrive, Adaptive Drive and with all of the important options.
Appreciate 0