E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > OEM "Sport" suspension questions

04-04-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
Lucase90
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sedan

OEM "Sport" suspension questions

Hey everyone, recently purchased my first bimmer. e90 2006 6-speed 325i without the sport package.

I'm looking for a suspension that will lower my car a tad bit and improve overall handling without making it ride like shit. I'm also not trying to spend over $250, because I'm a college student and I've already dropped $1200+ on maintenance items. (maintenance before mods is what I hear works best for these cars.)

I found that the OEM sport suspension ticks all these boxes. Supposedly it lowers the car a little bit while improving handling, and they sell used for around the price range I am looking for. Plus it's straight from BMW so it won't be as unforgiving as some cheap aftermarket solutions.

For some reason however, I can't find definitive answers on anything and it's making me doubt if the sport package even included a different suspension for my car.

Lastly, someone offered to sell me an OEM Sport suspension off a 2011 335xi, however, I do not believe this will fit because after doing research I found that the AWD models generally have different suspensions and part numbers. Is this true or would that suspension be plug and play?

Any recommendations for suspensions or insight on the OEM "Sport" suspension would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
dsjr2006
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 540iA, '09 E90 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2001 BMW 540i  [0.00]
XI front suspension is different, rear is the same I'm pretty sure. Unless the miles are very low you’ll probably be getting worn out shocks/struts for less than $250, which will still need replacing. My stock Sport suspension on my ‘10 335 was shot as 65k and rode like crap.

Stock Sport suspension is certainly a good compromise for a daily, and probably the cheapest route that won’t result in a terrible ride. You can get the springs pretty reasonably in the classifieds here, maybe shocks/struts too. You’ll probably end up getting the springs pretty cheap and needing to buy new shocks/struts.

There are tons of threads about this though, I suggest browsing, reading and using search. Searching Google using the key-term E90, or whatever model you have, is a good tool as well.

Last edited by dsjr2006; 04-09-2018 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 1