F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 328xi Sports+ Coding
Extreme Powerhouse

04-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
honfar
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi

F30 328xi Sports+ Coding

I'd like to code sports+ mode onto my 2014 328xi, would this be possible? I currently have eco pro, comfort, and sport, but I'd like to have sports mode and DSC off at the same time. I found this info in an old thread:

Do the following:

Kombi => 300C ECO_FDS =>Function

FDS_MENUE_TEXT_1=> menue_3
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_1=> menue_3
FDS_MENUE_TEXT_2=> menue_3
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_2=> menue_3
FDS_MENUE_TEXT_3=> menue_3
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_3=> menue_3
FDS_MENUE_TEXT_4=> menue_3
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_4=> menue_3

ICM Module/ 3000 Daten/ IcmKod_B_Sportlenkung/ verbaut

EGS/3000 Applikation -> Sportschalter_alt -> aktiv
EGS/3000 Applikation -> Sportschalter -> aktiv

ICM/IcmKod_B_S2TBA -> verbaut

It will activate sport+ and sport transmission )))
Or you also could add 2TB option and delete 205 in salapa element

When I go into sports mode and switch to manual my cluster reads "S1, S2, S3...", does this mean I have SAT already? I do not have paddles so what would I need to code in order to have sports+ available in the menu and also not have the car outputting any errors? I was going to use bimmercode unless something else would be better for this.

Also, what's the difference between 2TB and 205?

Thanks in advance for any help
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
SalazF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by honfar View Post
I'd like to code sports+ mode onto my 2014 328xi, would this be possible? I currently have eco pro, comfort, and sport, but I'd like to have sports mode and DSC off at the same time. I found this info in an old thread:

Do the following:

When I go into sports mode and switch to manual my cluster reads "S1, S2, S3...", does this mean I have SAT already? I do not have paddles so what would I need to code in order to have sports+ available in the menu and also not have the car outputting any errors? I was going to use bimmercode unless something else would be better for this.

I believe you already have SAT, and I'm pretty sure to have Sport+ in the menu you'd have to KOMBI code it
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
honfar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalazF30 View Post
I believe you already have SAT, and I'm pretty sure to have Sport+ in the menu you'd have to KOMBI code it
What exactly does KOMBI code mean?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
SalazF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What exactly does KOMBI code mean?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong I'm no coding expert by ant means lol, but from what I've read before, it has to do with the instrument cluster like the little screen on it etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #5
honfar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalazF30 View Post
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong I'm no coding expert by ant means lol, but from what I've read before, it has to do with the instrument cluster like the little screen on it etc.
If all it takes is changing the values I put in my original post is what it takes, I'm sure I can manage. But I believe some of that code is for paddle shifters and I don't want the car outputting errors, do you know which are for the paddles?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #6
SalazF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If all it takes is changing the values I put in my original post is what it takes, I'm sure I can manage. But I believe some of that code is for paddle shifters and I don't want the car outputting errors, do you know which are for the paddles?
Sorry unfortunately I don't however, there are plenty more threads and posts on SAT/Sport+ coding, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 11:43 PM   #7
Dfahmy
Second Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep
Drives: F30 335i PWG

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Do the following:

What you could do is check your VO for 2TB if you dont find it but find 205, then you dont have SAT and all you would need would be to VO code 2TB and you should get sports +, launch control and SAT
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 11:51 PM   #8
honfar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfahmy View Post
What you could do is check your VO for 2TB if you dont find it but find 205, then you dont have SAT and all you would need would be to VO code 2TB and you should get sports +, launch control and SAT
Thanks for the info my OBD adapter is coming soon- what exactly is the difference between 2TB and 205? And also what is VO and how do I check it? Also I just checked my VIN, i have 205, however it shows s1, s2, s3 when i go to manual mode. I was reading online that 2TB is paddle shifters. Won't the car output errors if I put on 2TB because I don't have the hardware for it?

Last edited by honfar; 04-04-2018 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 12:28 AM   #9
Dfahmy
Second Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info my OBD adapter is coming soon- what exactly is the difference between 2TB and 205? And also what is VO and how do I check it? Also I just checked my VIN, i have 205, however it shows s1, s2, s3 when i go to manual mode. I was reading online that 2TB is paddle shifters. Won't the car output errors if I put on 2TB because I don't have the hardware for it?
Your VO is your vehicle order, pretty much the options that came on your car from factory, since you checked your VIN and found 205 that means you don't have 2TB in your VO. SAT shouldn't cause any issues with your car even though you don't have paddle shifters, the s1 s2 s3 are due to you putting the transmission into sport mode, I don't think it has to do with SAT.
      04-05-2018, 12:29 AM   #10
honfar
Rep

Quote:
Your VO is your vehicle order, pretty much the options that came on your car from factory, since you checked your VIN and found 205 that means you don't have 2TB in your VO. SAT shouldn't cause any issues with your car even though you don't have paddle shifters, the s1 s2 s3 are due to you putting the transmission into sport mode, I don't think it has to do with SAT.
Gotcha, thank you again. Is this easily done if I follow the code in my original post with bimmercode expertmode with a wifi adapter? Also is there a way to back-up original configuration incase I mess something up?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 12:37 AM   #11
Dfahmy
Second Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Gotcha, thank you again. Is this easily done if I follow the code in my original post with bimmercode expertmode with a wifi adapter? Also is there a way to back-up original configuration incase I mess something up?
That I'm not really sure since I've never used Bimmercode before, but as long as you can VO code through it, it should be very easy to do so
      04-05-2018, 12:40 AM   #12
honfar
Rep

Quote:
That I'm not really sure since I've never used Bimmercode before, but as long as you can VO code through it, it should be very easy to do so
Gotcha, so there is VO coding and FDL coding right? Do you recommend a specific app or program that can VO code? I'm open to use anything
Appreciate 0