Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Advise

Hello

i am wondering if you guys would be willing to give me some advice. i currently have a 435D and i have an urge to go back to a convertible. long story short after considering nearly everything i can afford i was left with 2 cars RS5 2013 v8 or an M4. felt disheartened as neither really tickled my fancy but luck would have it an add for an M6 cab came up and was surprised that its actually affordable for me.

i love to tinker and tweak so here is where the advice is needed

1) if you buy Catless downpipes are these all the cats removed or are these Pre-Cats and thus can be removed safely and not affect MOT??

2) what the difference between Stage2 and Stage2+?? ive seen both mentioned but i cant see what extra modifications are needed.

3) what can the DCT handle on this before clutch slip etc etc i.e will Stage 2 be pushing the car to its limits?

4) what are the weak points to this car? e.g M4 being the Pressure fitted Hub Crank that can slip.

any help would be greatly appreciated

ive got a few months before i can realistically get one as i need to sort a house first but its looking promising

cheers in advance
lee

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 0