BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions M-Performance Replica Body parts?

03-28-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

M-Performance Replica Body parts?

Anyone here have replicas or items they got elsewhere... I can't justify what they charge for this stuff nowadays on top of already paying for m-sport. I see insanely cheap reps on ebay and even with my car being a lease the $3000+ dollars it would cost is still like $1400 out my pocket that I'd have to return the car with... vs the $500 I see a full kits going for.

I don't really care for the carbon fiber parts but still curious. I am in LA and seller shops are close enough that I could possibly go myself, but these places have shoddy customer service.

I could obviously go for the long con and buy real m-performance separately so I can sell it after (did that currently with my rear diff on my 435) but thats still a stretch and I am sure second hand I'd take a 30-50% hit.

Any advice or those who have gotten these? I feel like not too many modders on the 5 series side of things but I guess living in LA i just want something a bit more unique than the hundred of 5s i see around the block. The m-sport package is so subtle nowadays...( cuz of course they do this to push you to the m-performance).

I just want something a hair more aggressive and different looking. Not in love with the front splitter with how they curved the front of the m-sport bumper or why the it actually leaves a gap in paint but its better than other optiosn i see where the lower hang goes out way too far.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Actually prefer this look more as something just seems off about the full when not on a light colored car..

My ideal look would be this splitter and the side skirt extesions with no M-performance vinyls and one of the two rear diffusers.

Anyone know where to get the lower front splitter in matte vs carbon? All i can find in matte plastic is the knockoffs with the upper front splitter combined into 1 peice. A $1000 for a lower front splitter OEM is also nuts, you can barely see ti and its gonna get ruined in my first drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Wow, seems like someone using my car picture without permission.
Do you kind sharing the info of that company?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
TopgearLA119.50
      03-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #4
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Wow, seems like someone using my car picture without permission.
Do you kind sharing the info of that company?
its on ebay.. to be honest all the cars you guys post are on ebay and all those third party replica sites... i used to see it with F series cars too... whats the most messed up is that its not even their parts.

But ironically it helps me as you responded so I can ask you straight up lol, what is your front splitter? I dig the subtlety!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 04:43 PM   #5
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

It really is hit or miss on the replica parts. On my F30, I have had the replica front splitter, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler for a few years now. Only one that had major issues was the front splitter because of the parts they sent to install it with and how it attached, I ended up taking it off after about a year. Rear spoiler I got right after getting the car in 2013, I replaced it last year as the paint was starting to crack on it. Otherwise, no problems with it or the rear diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #6
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

BMW now has an eBay shop. BMW dealers also sell genuine oem body kits directly on eBay usually at discounted prices compared to buying directly from BMW shops. I bought a genuine BMW carbon fibre rear spoiler and performance grilles on eBay directly from BMW dealers.
      03-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #7
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearLA View Post
its on ebay.. to be honest all the cars you guys post are on ebay and all those third party replica sites... i used to see it with F series cars too... whats the most messed up is that its not even their parts.

But ironically it helps me as you responded so I can ask you straight up lol, what is your front splitter? I dig the subtlety!
Yea, those China company. A bit annoying.
Maybe I should put watermark on all of my pictures then.

It is RW Carbon OEM Rep.
Let me know if you want it. You are local too, I can do something.
Appreciate 1
TopgearLA119.50
      03-30-2018, 08:43 PM   #8
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Yea, those China company. A bit annoying.
Maybe I should put watermark on all of my pictures then.

It is RW Carbon OEM Rep.
Let me know if you want it. You are local too, I can do something.
I just put in my special order so not til may but would be curious if you had more pics. Dm me n let me know what you can work out, I don’t need a mint condition front splitter but want something decent. I’m wondering if they lower splitte extends enough on the sides without the upper so I’d love to see a pic near the fenders. Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #9
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just put in my special order so not til may but would be curious if you had more pics. Dm me n let me know what you can work out, I don’t need a mint condition front splitter but want something decent. I’m wondering if they lower splitte extends enough on the sides without the upper so I’d love to see a pic near the fenders. Thanks man!
Sent you PM on the pricing.
It is hard to capture that in picture, since you are local, why don't you drop by and take a look.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 05:15 AM   #10
prince1566
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530i M Sport

https://www.futuredesignusa.com/g30-5-series
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #11
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince1566 View Post
I went with an ebay plastic one in matte and couldnt be happier. I dont actually like Carbon fiber add ons, think its a real waste of money and overpriced. The fitment was pretty spot on too with maybe barely a flaw in shape at the front curve but for $150 this was a no brainer.

Looks real good and really makes the front more aggressive, lower and less timid. It being one piece, however, is maybe my only complaint as I sorta wanted to color match the lowest part with side sill extensions but ill just leave it be as it still looks solid.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Norris83280.00
      06-21-2018, 11:34 PM   #12
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince1566 View Post
I went with an ebay plastic one in matte and couldnt be happier. I dont actually like Carbon fiber add ons, think its a real waste of money and overpriced. The fitment was pretty spot on too with maybe barely a flaw in shape at the front curve but for $150 this was a no brainer.

Looks real good and really makes the front more aggressive, lower and less timid. It being one piece, however, is maybe my only complaint as I sorta wanted to color match the lowest part with side sill extensions but ill just leave it be as it still looks solid.
Looks awesome! I like the bottom piece alone too. But this looks really good for $150, that's an amazing deal.
Did you install it your self? Did you have to do any modifications to make it fit properly?
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:05 AM   #13
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris83 View Post
Looks awesome! I like the bottom piece alone too. But this looks really good for $150, that's an amazing deal.
Did you install it your self? Did you have to do any modifications to make it fit properly?
No adjustments and the center holes I just Used 3m tape instead of drilling. Self installed but use tape to keep it up as you put in screws in replacing the stock push ones. peel back the interior 3m tape before putting on the lip. Keep stock screws where you can use supplies ones n back plates where there was once just plastic push ones (they are insanely easy to remove with just fingernails). For the sides it’s easiest if you unscrew n pull back wheel well plastic for better access to out the back plate on(with wheels turned).

It comes with an an additional plastic piece which confused me but you sandwich that in the middle of the bottom part for more rigidity. Again since I didn’t do any drilling just stuffed it with more 3m tape and it was already pretty locked in. Took me too long without knowing any of this n was dumb enough to think a friend who wanted to help was a good idea ( had to do it outside his place with worse tools in the sun on the street) if I knew better I’d have done it alone with tape in my garage n tools m. If I had to do it again I could in 30 minutes. I Don’t have lifts and didn’t jack up the car.
Appreciate 1
Norris83280.00