E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Mirror Motor Issues

03-26-2018, 07:50 AM   #1
Stoatmaster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 330i M Sport (MT)

Mirror Motor Issues

My passenger mirror has started playing up in recent times. Selecting reverse would make the mirror dip, but it would then refuse to reset its position once neutral or a forward gear was selected.

Further to that, I can now only tilt the mirror up and down, and have lost any movement from left to right.

I've removed the assembly and cleaned all the connectors, which unfortunately had no impact. I then went one further and totally stripped the motor unit down. (That was fun, they are really not designed to come apart) Both motors appears to function correctly when 12v is applied, and mechanism looks okay.

Any thoughts? I suppose a replacement motor may be a reasonable option but I do not want to pay BMW £100+ for what is two tiny RC car DC motors in a plastic shell!

I may swap the motor with the driver's side to rule out the CAS and LINBUS. Are both sides compatible with eachother?
Appreciate 0