F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW Coilovers for 2014 BMW 435iX - Need guidance on KW Street Comfort/V1/V2
Extreme Powerhouse

03-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
KW Coilovers for 2014 BMW 435iX - Need guidance on KW Street Comfort/V1/V2

My XDrive with M Sport / M Adaptive suspension car is a whopping 3" above the whee. It is so ugly, I am not sure what BMW was thinking, but it was very wrong.... The suspension is floaty and absolutely not the "ultimate driving machine". I have JB4/catless dps/ER FMIC on order. I have 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S tires coming, and now I need a suspension. I have ruled out springs. I want to try Coil Overs this time. My last car, 335 E92 I had Dinan Stage 3 suspension and it was a really rough ride.

I am exploring the following:

KW Street Comfort - my #1 choice right now
- KW Street Comfort: Individual sport suspension with Maximum comfort
Height adjustable Street Comfort allows a lowering of 10-40mm depending on the vehicle. This allows for the flexibility to improve the look while adding custom products like aftermarket wheels.
At the same time the lowering has a positive effect on the driving dynamics and road contact. With this discreet but effective lowering more spring travel will be retained to combine a comfortable spring with harmonic dampener, this way the best driving comfort is guaranteed.

- Min drop 20mm (.78") to max drop of 50 mm (1.98")
Front Lowering: 0.8" to 2.0"
Rear Lowering: 1.0" to 2.0"
- very good street comfort - almost stock
- better handling, more balance I hear -not confirmed
- EDC (M Adaptive suspension) delete option - I need this
- Rebound adjustable
- I have only heard good things about this for a DD - which I am buying it for
- Price from KW site: $1,886.99
http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...-1802000u.html

KW V1 - not sure about this, might go direct to V2
-KW Variant 1: Sporty - Balanced. With KW factory pre-set dampening.
The ideal system for customers who like to choose the customer lowering of their vehicles while counting on the extensive driving tests of our experienced engineers who have preset the dampers for the ultimate balance between sporty driving, comfort and safety.

- Min drop 30mm (1.18") to max drop of 60 mm (2.36")
Front Lowering: 1.2" to 2.4"
Rear Lowering: 1.4" to 2.4"
- I think this is stiffer than Street Comforts, but pretty good comfort for the street.
- NOT adjustable - you trust KW engineers - set for street though.
- I have heard very good things about the ride quality, BUT complaints it is too low on the back, I have also read about clunking over bumps, but those threads were a few years back...
- Price from KW site: $1,699.99
http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...-1022000u.html

KW V2 - Streets or this V2
- KW Variant 2: Sporty and personalized with adjustable rebound dampening.
This system is designed for the driver who requires not only determining the individual lowering of their vehicle, but having the ability to adjust the damper settings to fine tune the system to their needs.
The adjustable rebound damper allows adjustment of the pitch and roll of the vehicle adapting it to one’s own driving preferences.

- Min drop 30mm (1.18") to max drop of 60 mm (2.36")
Front Lowering: 1.2" to 2.4"
Rear Lowering: 1.4" to 2.4"
- Not sure about this yet, but is is street CO. Similar to V1, but adustable.
- Rebound adjustable
- Not read about this yet.
- Price from KW site: $2,065.49
http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...-1522000u.html

Given I have on my 435iX about 3" of travel to the wheel, I figure if I take up 2" of that with the coil over, and get my new M4 replica wheels on with more aggressive offsets, this will be fine with the KW Street comforts.

What I don't know is the lowering (say maximum setting) of 2.4" from the factory setup that I measured at 3" now? or will this be lower?

Also, how much does the spring "settle". I read lots of threads about the KW V1 being too low and they can't do much about it to bring it up, or get helper springs, and pay for more work to redo it....

Like the OP I believe, I don't want it slammed, I want an "almost" stock ride a bit firmer is fine, take away the floatiness, more control on on ramps, more balance on on ramps, less understeer, and more enjoyment.

Which one should we go with?

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Your requirements point to KW Street Comfort coilovers as the first choice. I had almost the same requirements (less EDC Delete module) for my previous vehicle - 2013 BMW 335i xDrive sedan - and after selecting KW Street Comfort coilovers my expectations were more than met.
Appreciate 1
DaFish157.50
      03-24-2018, 10:05 PM   #3
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Your requirements point to KW Street Comfort coilovers as the first choice. I had almost the same requirements (less EDC Delete module) for my previous vehicle - 2013 BMW 335i xDrive sedan - and after selecting KW Street Comfort coilovers my expectations were more than met.
thanks for this. I am worried that the Street Comforts are not going to be low enough. this is a 3" drop... will they go that low?

Did you ever have to adjust the rebound, or was it set once and left...

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 10:08 PM   #4
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

The coilovers were set at 6 clicks as recommended by KW as a starting point. I liked this setting and never changed it. About "how low is good enough" ... it's really up to you. My vehicle was slightly lowered and that was good enough for me.
Appreciate 1
DaFish157.50
      03-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #5
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The coilovers were set at 6 clicks as recommended by KW as a starting point. I liked this setting and never changed it. About "how low is good enough" ... it's really up to you. My vehicle was slightly lowered and that was good enough for me.
thanks a lot, this is a big help - you have a XDrive? Would you mind posting before and after pics please? If you have them...

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #6
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

DaFish,

I installed V2s in late summer 2015. 3rd winter with ~ 50K km, the V2s have held up well. I do not track. Just my DD. The V2s sufficiently stiffen up the vehicle that I do not feel I need to upgrade the sways.

If you are planning on installing 437M replicas with 245/40 and 275/35 tires, depending on offset of the replicas, I would recommend the Street Comforts. I think the recommend min drop for the V2 will be too low based on my experience with the V2s and OEM 437M (with the same tire sizes above).

With the 437Ms, I had to raise the V2s beyond the min recommended V2 drop. Please see attached pictures of my V2s with winters square setup - 441M with 225/45-18 and 10mm spacers(front)/12mm spacers(rear).

FYI, the drop of this setup (measured from the center of the wheel cap to the top of the wheel arch) are:

Front - ~353mm
Rear - ~340mm

Larry
Attached Images

Last edited by larrylam646; 03-25-2018 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: typos
Appreciate 1
DaFish157.50
      03-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #7
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
DaFish,

I installed V2s in late summer 2015. 3rd winter with ~ 50K km, the V2s have held up well. I do not track. Just my DD. The V2s sufficiently stiffen up the vehicle that I do not feel I need to upgrade the sways.

If you are planning on installing 437M replicas with 245/40 and 275/35 tires, depending on offset of the replicas, I would recommend the Street Comforts. I think the recommend min drop for the V2 will be too low based on my experience with the V2s and OEM 437M (with the same tire sizes above).

With the 437Ms, I had to raise the V2s beyond the min recommended V2 drop. Please see attached pictures of my V2s with winters square setup - 441M with 225/45-18 and 10mm spacers(front)/12mm spacers(rear).

FYI, the drop of this setup (measured from the center of the wheel cap to the top of the wheel arch) are:

Front - ~353mm
Rear - ~340mm

Larry
Hi Larry. Thanks for this. A few more questions please.

1) As you suspected, I have ordered now the 437M's with 245/275s the offsets are ET35 and ET40 - GTS replicas. Given that, I am calculating a REDUCTION of height of 0.3" front and 0.4" rear (see chart I made - values off the TireRack site for Michelin PSS 4S specs).

2)
Quote:
I think the recommend min drop for the V2 will be too low based on my experience with the V2s and OEM 437M (with the same tire sizes above).
- I am worried about this... I have heard that these go low...especially at the rear. That said, what if the Street Comforts won't go low enough (I have 3" to the wheel for stock tires, but 3.3" for the new rims/tires (see pic below)) ? Then I spend all this money and I won't be happy either.
- Isn't the min drop on these C/Os 30mm (1.18") to max drop of 60 mm (2.36") ? Are you not allowed to put them at the top peg of 30mm?
- what did you have to do to RAISE it above the 1.18" Min?
- I think your pics would be acceptable to me... I would even go a bit lower I think - which is probably what the 437M's will do...

3)
Quote:
The V2s sufficiently stiffen up the vehicle that I do not feel I need to upgrade the sways.
- Love your comment, this is exactly what I was looking for. Do you feel the car rotate much more naturally now on on ramps? How is the understeer? Pretty much gone unless you push to 10/10ths? Front end grip would be significantly increased with the 245's I believe.
- Do you ever feel you need camber plates for more front grip? Those in my past experience would require .5" more height in the front, so the C/O needs to be able to adapt to that too - if I need them.

4)
Quote:

Front - ~353mm
Rear - ~340mm
- I think you meant 35.3... I knew stock was high, but 13.89" is monster truck territory
- Is this the top of the V2?

Thanks for all your awesome comments so get feedback of someone that has these on.
Attached Images

Last edited by DaFish; 03-25-2018 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #8
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

I really like my street comforts. To me the rebound control is worth it, you sound like someone who wants to dial in specific settings so for that reason I would eliminate the V1s.

From a 'low' standpoint I have them about half way down the threads, so I definitely think they will go low enough for you. If you go too low, the ideal suspension geometry is thrown off though so you will begin to sacrifice performance. Just something to consider. I am sitting at 25 1/2" front ground to fender and 25 3/4" rear.

Lastly from an installation standpoint, being that they are coil overs you can presumably specify the exact ride height you want to the shop. I DIYed and it did take a couple tries to get them exactly where I wanted, so be prepared for a bit of back and forth there. As you said the springs will settle up to half an inch. I run 245/275 as well but shitty tires not PSS and the car corners really nicely. The biggest thing I noticed is that when taking a high speed corner with a big dip, the suspension is very composed. Before it felt like the car would fly off the road.

Definitely recommend the street comforts I don't think you'll have a problem going low. In the manual it was recommended to set them at 9/16 as a starting point. I felt this to be too stiff for the pothole city I live in, so dialed them back to 7 and they are quite nice around town now. I haven't tracked the car but would not hesitate to on this setup (with some better tires)
Attached Images

Last edited by the dope steez; 03-25-2018 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #9
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
1) As you suspected, I have ordered now the 437M's with 245/275s the offsets are ET35 and ET40 - GTS replicas. Given that, I am calculating a REDUCTION of height of 0.3" front and 0.5" rear (see chart I made - values off the TireRack site for Michelin PSS 4S specs).
The offsets for the replicas are not as aggressive as the OEM 437Ms and you plan on going with lower profile tires so you probably have more room to drop your suspension.

FYI, M3/M4 OEM tire sizes are 255/35 and 275/35. I would recommend you go with 245/40 and 275/35. This will give you a larger rolling circumference and the speedometer will read accurately. It will also fill the wheel well more and give you a more compliant ride.

Quote:
2)- I am worried about this... I have heard that these go low...especially at the rear. That said, what if the Street Comforts won't go low enough (I have 3" to the wheel for stock tires, but 3.3" for the new rims/tires (see pic below)) ? Then I spend all this money and I won't be happy either.
I believe I dropped my vehicle ~13mm (or 0.5") on all four corners. Please measure the distance between the center of the wheel straight up to the fender wheel arch so we can compare drop between our setups.

The tire sizes you plan on going with are even shorter than my winter setup. Either your factory height is so much higher than mine or my drop with the V2 is much greater than 13mm.

Quote:
2)- Isn't the min drop on these C/Os 30mm (1.18") to max drop of 60 mm (2.36") ? Are you not allowed to put them at the top peg of 30mm?
- what did you have to do to RAISE it above the 1.18" Min?
- I think your pics would be acceptable to me... I would even go a bit lower I think - which is probably what the 437M's will do...
Correct, I have set the height outside of KW's recommended range for the 435iX. However, I still have 5-8mm of thread on the collars above (for the fronts) and below (for the rear) spring seats. I double checked to make sure the strut/shock piston were not topped out when the suspension was fully extended. Not ideal but I did not want to spend $2K-$3K on another suspension.

Quote:
3)
- Love your comment, this is exactly what I was looking for. Do you feel the car rotate much more naturally now on on ramps? How is the understeer? Pretty much gone unless you push to 10/10ths? Front end grip would be significantly increased with the 245's I believe.
- Do you ever feel you need camber plates for more front grip? Those in my past experience would require .5" more height in the front, so the C/O needs to be able to adapt to that too - if I need them.
My 435iX is a daily driver so I do not drive all-out on the roads. As I stated previously, the V2s do not lean as much into corners. The suspension is actually more compliant. Hitting expansion joints are not as jarring as factory, especially with the runflats.

I had no need for camber plates/extending the adjustment range F/R to keep alignment within spec since my drop is mild. However, I did notice the the front rake changed noticeably - 7.5deg. Please see the pic of my front wheel. Notice how the wheel it is shifted more to the front of the wheel well.

Quote:
4)

- I think you meant 35.3... I knew stock was high, but 13.89" is monster truck territory
- Is this the top of the V2?
The measurements I provided are of my current setup measured between the center of the wheel to the top of the fender wheel arch.
      03-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #10
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Thanks very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
I really like my street comforts. To me the rebound control is worth it, you sound like someone who wants to dial in specific settings so for that reason I would eliminate the V1s.
Quote:
In the manual it was recommended to set them at 9/16 as a starting point. I felt this to be too stiff for the pothole city I live in, so dialed them back to 7 and they are quite nice around town now.
I think you are 100% right. V1's are out. My last car had Dinan springs, my wife would get car sick riding in the car, so she wouldn't go in it... I can't make that mistake again.

Quote:
From a 'low' standpoint I have them about half way down the threads, so I definitely think they will go low enough for you. If you go too low, the ideal suspension geometry is thrown off though so you will begin to sacrifice performance. Just something to consider. I am sitting at 25 1/2" front ground to fender and 25 3/4" rear.
I have my 18" snows on now which are 0.1" smaller than stock 19", but I am sitting a whopping 27 1/4" from the ground front and rear. That is 2" higher than your car, and I don't think you are slammed...

I noticed you are not XDrive. I really can't believe the difference in XDrive and Non-XDrive stock ride height. It seems like an inch higher to me...

Quote:
As you said the springs will settle up to half an inch.
This also needs to be considered.

Thanks a lot.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #11
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
From a 'low' standpoint I have them about half way down the threads, so I definitely think they will go low enough for you. I am sitting at 25 1/2" front ground to fender and 25 3/4" rear.
I think this is perfect for me.. If I could get this, I'd be happy with Street Comforts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #12
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks very much.

Quote:
Quote:
In the manual it was recommended to set them at 9/16 as a starting point. I felt this to be too stiff for the pothole city I live in, so dialed them back to 7 and they are quite nice around town now.
I think you are 100% right. V1's are out. My last car had Dinan springs, my wife would get car sick riding in the car, so she wouldn't go in it... I can't make that mistake again.

Quote:
I have my 18" snows on now which are 0.1" smaller than stock 19", but I am sitting a whopping 27 1/4" from the ground front and rear. That is 2" higher than your car, and I don't think you are slammed...

I noticed you are not XDrive. I really can't believe the difference in XDrive and Non-XDrive stock ride height. It seems like an inch higher to me...

Quote:
As you said the springs will settle up to half an inch.
This also needs to be considered.

Thanks a lot.
No prob. I do have x drive actually, all the more reason to get coils as you can really dial in the height, I hate 4x4 mode especially with m sport package, it just looks goofy
Appreciate 1
DaFish157.50
      03-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #13
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The offsets for the replicas are not as aggressive as the OEM 437Ms and you plan on going with lower profile tires so you probably have more room to drop your suspension.

FYI, M3/M4 OEM tire sizes are 255/35 and 275/35. I would recommend you go with 245/40 and 275/35. This will give you a larger rolling circumference and the speedometer will read accurately. It will also fill the wheel well more and give you a more compliant ride.
See below in my chart. The 245/40/19 and 275/35/19 would fit as you suggest, and provide a better ride I am sure. What I worry about is going from a hard sidewall in the RFT, to the PSS 4s NON-RFT. Am I going to lose steering response?

I would think the lower sidewall would give me better steering response and sharper handling, and then I can dial back the coilovers for compliance and ride comfort.

Thoughts on that?

Quote:
I believe I dropped my vehicle ~13mm (or 0.5") on all four corners. Please measure the distance between the center of the wheel straight up to the fender wheel arch so we can compare drop between our setups.
Measured from the center BMW cap straight up to the fender: 15" or 382mm - pretty much the same on front and rear.

Larry, if that is set to the highest it could go, then it would be acceptable to me too. I thinjk I might even go a bit lower, maybe down to the dope steez's height (which looks a smidge lower than yours)

Quote:
Correct, I have set the height outside of KW's recommended range for the 435iX. However, I still have 5-8mm of thread on the collars above (for the fronts) and below (for the rear) spring seats.
I think this means I could get Street Comforts OR V2's and be happy with the ride height. I think for ride comfort, the Street Comforts will be more than sufficient, and can be firmed up as needed. This is reassuring so I don't have to redo this suspension as you mentioned Larry, $2-3k is more than enough to spend.

Right now, I think I'll go Street Comforts.

So great to talk to the people that have done this - thanks for this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #14
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep

Yea man you really can't go wrong either way IMO. I just happened to get a great deal on my set so that's why I went that route, they were more than worth the $$ I paid. I wouldn't worry too much about ride height as either set will be within your wheelhouse of where you want it. That said the 245/40 profile might be a bit too much, as on the fronts my strut clearance is really tight. I plan to go 235/40/19 and 265/35/19 on my next set of tires for more rim protection and closer to OEM sizes.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #15
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

DaFish,

I agree with the dope steez. You cannot go wrong with either KWs.

If I were to do it again, I would select a set of coilovers with a milder drop.

I do not have any experience with PSS 4S tires but I do not believe you will compromise performance much by going with the taller tire. Regardless of which profile, you will experience a more compliant ride with the non-rft.

Remember, the M3/M4 ship with PSS (summers) with taller sidewalls than our factory 19s.

You may find this calculator useful when assessing fit for different tire and wheel sizes - https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=30mm&sr=0mm

Larry
DaFish157.50
      03-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #16
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea man you really can't go wrong either way IMO. I just happened to get a great deal on my set so that's why I went that route, they were more than worth the $$ I paid. I wouldn't worry too much about ride height as either set will be within your wheelhouse of where you want it. That said the 245/40 profile might be a bit too much, as on the fronts my strut clearance is really tight. I plan to go 235/40/19 and 265/35/19 on my next set of tires for more rim protection and closer to OEM sizes.
Thanks guys ! I only ordered the tires yesterday, and don’t take delivery until mid April. I bought them from a very reputable shop in Toronto, SImplyTIre. I will talk to them about going up to the 245/40 / 25/35 and see what he says. I am pretty sure the M4 reps can do either size.

I actually paid for the Street Comforts today. So I am super excited to get going.

Cheers !

Appreciate 1
      03-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #17
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Great discussion and feedback!

OP - be sure to post back with a review and some pics on how the KW SC work out for you. I’m also considering them later down the line.

For tires, I would consider getting 235/40/19 and 265/35/19 instead to stay closest to stock diameter, like the dope steez already mentioned. If you’re sweet on the 245/275 widths, then I would get the 35/30 profile respectively — again, to stay closest to stock diameter.
Appreciate 2
      03-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #18
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.roro View Post
Great discussion and feedback!

OP - be sure to post back with a review and some pics on how the KW SC work out for you. I’m also considering them later down the line.

For tires, I would consider getting 235/40/19 and 265/35/19 instead to stay closest to stock diameter, like the dope steez already mentioned. If you’re sweet on the 245/275 widths, then I would get the 35/30 profile respectively — again, to stay closest to stock diameter.
I absolutely will post my results and feedback

I talked to SimplyTire where I ordered the rims/tires and he said the higher sidewall maybe too big. The other thing is Speedo error: the lower profile will error the actual speed below the speed limit by approximately 1.5 mph and the larger tires will error appropriately 1.5 mph higher- meaning I am speeding and won’t know it. These are calculated at 60mph. I am staying at the lower profile .
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #19
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks a lot, this is a big help - you have a XDrive? Would you mind posting before and after pics please? If you have them...
This is an older thread that I started when several forum members based in US states with winter weather asked me for pictures of 2013 BMW 335i xDrive sedan with KW Street Comfort coilovers set at a minimum drop:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...light=cfm56d7b

You can still achieve a lower setting if desired.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #20
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Correction: 9 clicks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #21
MacklinUSOB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

I installed KW V2's a month ago and holy heck, they really brought the car together way better than I had expected.

Pairing these with a square set of PS4S and lightweight wheels has dramatically increased grip, sharpened turn-in, and increased steering feel all while bringing the balance very close to neutral. I haven't had a chance to Autox or get on track yet this season, but fast backroad runs are literally addicting. Trail braking into an apex and transitioning to throttle now feels so damn good. It gives me way more confidence and that is the key to real world speed.

I'm sDrive, so it's not going to be identical when complete. I would guess it'll have more understeer present towards the limit. Stiffening up the rear a couple clicks should compensate, if you're not satisfied.

I have had my Girlfriend and Mother in the car and neither of them have complained about the ride quality, even going over some gnarly roads. Personally, I think it is more comfortable than stock at KW's default settings.

10/10
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 1
DaFish157.50
      03-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #22
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
I installed KW V2's a month ago and holy heck, they really brought the car together way better than I had expected.

Pairing these with a square set of PS4S and lightweight wheels has dramatically increased grip, sharpened turn-in, and increased steering feel all while bringing the balance very close to neutral. I haven't had a chance to Autox or get on track yet this season, but fast backroad runs are literally addicting. Trail braking into an apex and transitioning to throttle now feels so damn good. It gives me way more confidence and that is the key to real world speed.

I'm sDrive, so it's not going to be identical when complete. I would guess it'll have more understeer present towards the limit. Stiffening up the rear a couple clicks should compensate, if you're not satisfied.

I have had my Girlfriend and Mother in the car and neither of them have complained about the ride quality, even going over some gnarly roads. Personally, I think it is more comfortable than stock at KW's default settings.

10/10
Awesome! Post some pics please. Xdrive?

I wanted to go square but I couldn't find concave rims to fit 255s all round. What size are yours?

I bet I'll regret not going square.

I can't wait to get it all installed now, end of April is when everything come in.

Appreciate 0