E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Looking for this magnaflow exhaust, no part #?

02-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
GTRZilla
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Looking for this magnaflow exhaust, no part #?

So I have a fully gutted oem muffler, the shop didn't do a proper PE Mod when the previous owner had it, so they straight piped both sections in the muffler, sounds good at first, then drones crusing, looking to downgrade my sound and want some nice quiet magnaflow mufflers, exactly like these, but no part number specified in the video.
Anyone knows which those are?
      02-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Not 100% sure but it looks like their universal 5X8. We can get them if you're interested.

However, Magnaflow does make a catback exhaust if you're interested too.

It's a little louder with their catback since it's a 5 inch round muffler.

This video is without downpipes so it will be louder with downpipes.

If quieter is your goal their 5X8 universal is the quietest.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 10:01 PM   #3
GTRZilla
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Yeah, just need the mufflers, don't really want a catback anymore. I was originally going to redo a PE Mod on a new muffler but just thinking of staying quiet. Downpipes already going to make it loud enough, possibly going to replace 2ndary cats with 1790 resonators if it won't satisfy me lol. So this is most likely a universal 5x8? I was looking at a bunch online but couldn't decide which
      02-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRZilla View Post
Yeah, just need the mufflers, don't really want a catback anymore. I was originally going to redo a PE Mod on a new muffler but just thinking of staying quiet. Downpipes already going to make it loud enough, possibly going to replace 2ndary cats with 1790 resonators if it won't satisfy me lol. So this is most likely a universal 5x8? I was looking at a bunch online but couldn't decide which
Magnaflow has 3 different options for mufflers.

Mufflers with Tips
XL Series no Tips
MF Series no Tips

MF is the loudest with perforated straight cores.

Also if you want more clearance they do make a 4X9 but only in their XL series or MF series. The MF and XL series require you to source tips though but with something like the XL series you can offset the tips like in the video.

With the regular muffler with tips options, the tips are centered on the muffler.

If you need any help, I'm here.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 02-27-2018 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0