F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CEL P00BD Flow to High
Studio RSR

02-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
valetudo81
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i F30 N20

CEL P00BD Flow to High

So I installed my AA FMIC last night. Install was a piece of cake. During the test drive following the install, I threw a CEL (P00BD).

This code stated: Flow too high, Mass or Volume Air, Flow "A" circuit air.

Could this be a result of the FMIC? After close inspection I did not notice anything irregular. The car did cut off at idle twice for me at a light. It also surged on me a few times like it was a xmsn issue but after reading I do not feel that is the culprit.

Any Help!!!???
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

So I had a similar experience with a rough idle and the car would cut out if left idling for too long and surged as well due to in correct throttle angle which was the error(Manifold Absolute Pressure to Throttle Angle) I was getting when I had my DME unlocked and it was due to the fact that the connector that goes on to the charge pipe (controls the throttle idle from what I felt) had literally blown off because it was not securely seated. Not saying that you have the same exact issue but it should give you a good point of reference to check.

The flip side of things though is that with a FMIC, a lot more air is flowing but I had my CP and FMIC installed as my first bolt ons and didn't experience those issues that you mentioned until my running with the loose connector that was my culprit.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 04:34 PM   #3
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Sounds like a leak somewhere. Go back and ensure that your chargepipe is installed correctly. Ensure it's clamped correctly and physically ensure there are no cracks. Additionally, ensure your vacuum lines in that area are all connected.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #4
valetudo81
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i F30 N20

Thanks everyone for the help! I did in fact figure out what it was. The TIC (turbo to intercooler) pipe had cracked pretty severely. It had to be replaced. Because I need it so quickly I went with another stock one because it was in stock here at my local BMW dealer. I will be buying a metal one soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudo81 View Post
Thanks everyone for the help! I did in fact figure out what it was. The TIC (turbo to intercooler) pipe had cracked pretty severely. It had to be replaced. Because I need it so quickly I went with another stock one because it was in stock here at my local BMW dealer. I will be buying a metal one soon.
Good to hear.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0