E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > Aftermarket parts

05-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Nautilian
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 & BMW E93 335i

Aftermarket parts

Hey there boys,

So since we all BMW lovers and we know what a quality car is all about I was wondering if any of you guys have done aftermarket modifications to your babies. Now I know you can get AC-Schnizter however personally I think it is crap. I have a E92 M3 and waiting for my E92 coupe to arrive end of July. I was hoping if anybody could shine some light on BMW in South Africa concerning motorplan if one had to add on some Dimisatips onto the 335 coupe - BMW is taking their sweet time in trying to answer this one. I have already ordered the 335 brake and suspension performance upgrade for her and the E92 M3 rear spoiler.

From my side I have some good news to report. I have confirmed with BMW that I will be able to add a Vishnu Procede chip onto my 335i so long as I get BMW to install it and ONLY have it serviced at the dealer it is installed at - I have requested that this be put in black and white, I will gladly scan and post it up here if any of you guys are looking at doing the same modification.

Hope to hear from ya BOYZ soon!

Naut

Last edited by Nautilian; 05-31-2008 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
F1-Slayer
the stig
Rep
Drives: stealth

i will hopefully be ordering a 335i M soon and at the same time the performance suspension and short shift kit. Im looking to go with an aftermarket exhuast and air intake... SSTT will go down nicely aswell! other than that just some minor cosmetic mods...

+1 for AC schnitzer, i too think they are crap

quite some garage u will have there Naut... ///M + a modded 335i
Im Jealous!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 03:07 AM   #3
rennzport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

forget performance suspension... go for bilsteins.

Naut has something special in store for his 335 suspension.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
F1-Slayer
the stig
Rep

would i need to upgrade shock mounts for the bilsteins?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
Nautilian
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 & BMW E93 335i

Already enquired about that. From what I have read and also asking Afrishocks the B16 does not require any modification and is a simple fit. I am actually in 2 minds if I am going to go performance parts suspension or Bilstein (B16 with active ride height). Interestingly enough I have been doing some research on the performance suspension, firstly it is 10mm lower than your standard M suspension it is 25% stiffer and has 10% less travel. You can definetly expect a harder ride especially if you are considering 19" rims. Taking all of this into consideration the B16 ride height is looking more attractive as you can switch between Sport and Comfort (similar to the M3 EDC but more aggressive), the only problem I have is justifying a R32,000.00 (Afrishocks quotation + installation) cost when you can aquire the suspension for around $2200 online here.

I have already purchased a pair of Dimisa tips, CF M-tech diffuser, M3 lip and matte grill for my 335. I personally am not a fan of the performance shortshifter, it is way too small and actually looks quite cheap in real life. Since you are in JHB you should ask your dealer when they are getting that performance 135 that BMW SA has floating around going from dealer to dealer. You will see exactly what I mean by the short shifter.

I am hopefully going to be getting an answer next week Tuesday on the performance brakes for the 335. I just think those yellow callipers on a sparkling graphite coupe will look SICK. I have already told BMW that if they cannot provide me with better brakes I will then fit Brembo and it is their problem to make sure my MP holds.

I would not touch the exhaust system here in South Africa if I was you. I can tell you right now your MP will go straight out the window. Maybe look into the performance exhaust system that is available for the 335. I would have considered them if the tips were not so crap and I could have put a set of Dimisa tips over them - alas the diameter is not 3".

Once my 335 is done I will definetly post up some pics for you guys to see. Maybe we should actually organise a meet up as the BMW club does not have enough meets if you ask me.

You will not go wrong with the 335 coupe. It is a MACHINE!

Naut
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #6
F1-Slayer
the stig
Rep

excellent, you said your 335 will arrive at the end of July... when did you order it?
i did not know they were that harsh on an aftermarket exhaust, that sucks!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
rennzport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

they aren't harsh on an exhaust... if it's just a back box, u'll be fine.
unless your dealer is fulla crap.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #8
irq5
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, M-Sport, 8AT

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-Slayer View Post
i will hopefully be ordering a 335i M soon and at the same time the performance suspension and short shift kit. Im looking to go with an aftermarket exhuast and air intake... SSTT will go down nicely aswell! other than that just some minor cosmetic mods...

+1 for AC schnitzer, i too think they are crap

quite some garage u will have there Naut... ///M + a modded 335i
Im Jealous!
+1 on the garage. Definitely jealous...

Also wish I had more cash to mod - sigh...
Appreciate 0