E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Just returned from Maui and Big, made me miss my 335!

05-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Cool Just returned from Maui and Big, made me miss my 335!

Aloha,
Just got back from a few weeks on the islands. Man did it make me miss my car. Also, I was AMAZED at the lack of e92 335's during my trip. I saw ONE e90 335 (black one) on Maui and he was driving along with me (randomly) on the whole Hana Highway jaunt. I also saw two e92 328's. One vert, one hard top. I was shocked to not see them all over the place, especially in Maui!

Anyway, I had a Wrangler on Big Island (lots of fun getting up to the summit in that with the 4-Low and having it control the speed so well in decent) I really LOVE Wranglers when you consider what they are made for, i.e. not highway driving. A LOT of toughness and quality to make sure they can claw through just about anything. I was worried about heating up the trans, decending 14,000 feet in 4-Low, so I looked for the trans cooler before I set off. That's when I noticed that I was staring at it...I thought it was the radiator at first, it was so big!)

On Maui I had a Sebring convertible. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL car. The ONLY redeeming quality was the top was quick and fully automated - and it was a vert after all. But everything else about it sucked so bad. It made me miss my 335 so much. I swear, taking a turn at 10 mph over the yellow "recommended speed" signs made the car feel like it was going to roll over!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Glad you enjoyed yourself.
yeah, not many out here...
      06-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

yeah those sebrings suck balls big time! we do alot of work with alamo(locksmith) and when we are on lot thats what we mainly see. mostly because the top doesn't fully go down or up. glad you had a great time here and no uneventful things happened. i deal with tourist alot and boy do i hear some horror stories.

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0