E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Whining noise from rear with EML on - possibly fuel pump? Video/pictures included

01-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
Bevan
Rep
Drives: E92 320d coupe

Whining noise from rear with EML on - possibly fuel pump? Video/pictures included

Hi guys, wondering if someone could please possibly help me diagnose my recent problems, bear with me.....

Coming home from work the other night I was driving on the motorway and all of a sudden the car went into limp mode with the EML coming on, pulled over turned it off and then on again and seemed to be fine for the first few minutes however when I got up to I believe 2000/2500rpm it done it again straight back into limp mode, managed to get home fine. The next morning I started the car however it was hesitating to start and just kept turning over for a good 5/6 seconds, started fine drove off....literally about a minute down the road brought it up to 2000rpm but this time the engine cut off completely with the EML on. Turned it off and on again but again it took awhile to start up longer this time about 10/15 seconds.

Now when I start the car I'm hearing a horrible whining noise coming from the rear which didn't happen before, at first I thought it might be the rear diff but jacking the car up I can't hear any noise coming from the diff so I'm starting to think it's the fuel pump relay?
I've attached a link to the videos (please excuse the quality) wondering if someone could help me identify what it might be?

The video where the car cuts off completely, it did start up but it took ages, this time it ticked over for at least 30 seconds, turned off again 30 seconds turned off then it eventually fired up.

vimeo.com/251189624
vimeo.com/251188842

Just to add I plugged my i910 scanner in and got the following codes -

If anyone could try and help me figure out what the cause (or causes) might be that would be most appreciated.
Thanks all.
Appreciate 0