F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Is this too much? Safe?
proTUNING Freaks

12-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
Mantup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Is this too much? Safe?

Im really wanting to do this set up on my N26 minus the wheel and intake. I already have a injen intake.

But the poster has poor english and I have no idea what he is on about with "crackle map" ect. Does anyone know where to get that dump valve? Or what milltek that is? Could I do this with a jb4? Is that a catless set up?

Im not to up to par on mapping yet, if i could just get the basic part list for this as a starting point id appreciate it. Or if this is a bad idea and could damage something let me know.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 02:45 AM   #2
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantup View Post
Im really wanting to do this set up on my N26 minus the wheel and intake. I already have a injen intake.

But the poster has poor english and I have no idea what he is on about with "crackle map" ect. Does anyone know where to get that dump valve? Or what milltek that is? Could I do this with a jb4? Is that a catless set up?

Im not to up to par on mapping yet, if i could just get the basic part list for this as a starting point id appreciate it. Or if this is a bad idea and could damage something let me know.
Looks like an upgraded diverter valve to me, Buy the GFB DV+ it's like 140$ it holds boost better
      12-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #3
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantup View Post

I can't point you in the direction of the dump valve, but you could probably work this out with BM3. They already offer a burble tune which will get you some really nice pops. You could probably work it out with a tuning company to use BM3 and get it to dump extra fuel. Not sure of the side effects of that, so do more research or someone else chime in

Edit: https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...xoC85EQAvD_BwE

That is a dump valve or BOV from Forge

Last edited by BunkerJ; 12-27-2017 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IssaF32 View Post
Looks like an upgraded diverter valve to me, Buy the GFB DV+ it's like 140$ it holds boost better
DV+ is a diverter. The dump valve he put on there I believe is a BOV from Forge
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

I love seeing this on other people car but not on my car 😂, my car is my DD and this would annoy me everyday....lol
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
I love seeing this on other people car but not on my car 😂, my car is my DD and this would annoy me everyday....lol
That's why you just flash it off.
Appreciate 1
M2_MEDUSA664.00
      12-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #7
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
That's why you just flash it off.
I agree with BunkerJ bootmod3 you just flash it off real quick and your good (:
      12-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #8
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

With my ACF flash (over bootmod3) I don't get any crackle-pop in Comfort or Eco modes, but in sport/+ I get some aggressive noises.

Actually quite fun to throw it into Sport+ and let rip! And even nicer to be able to go stealth mode when I want to be respectful of my neighbors.

I do have a catless downpipe and resonator delete to 335i dual muffler conversion. Plan to go straight Pipe with dual tips in the next couple months. Then I'm going to add a Helmholz Resonator to get rid of any drone.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
With my ACF flash (over bootmod3) I don't get any crackle-pop in Comfort or Eco modes, but in sport/+ I get some aggressive noises.

Actually quite fun to throw it into Sport+ and let rip! And even nicer to be able to go stealth mode when I want to be respectful of my neighbors.

I do have a catless downpipe and resonator delete to 335i dual muffler conversion. Plan to go straight Pipe with dual tips in the next couple months. Then I'm going to add a Helmholz Resonator to get rid of any drone.
Same on the pops, with the exception of Eco. On the highway especially in traffic , my eco mode gives me pops like no other because of slow wind down at low RPMs and high gear. I went catless down to a AWE resonated mid pipe and quad AWE touring. Love the sound and the pops I get out of that thing.
Appreciate 1
Stubok471.50