BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Stuck in port (US)?

12-26-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
sh_kross
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Long Beach Blue M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Unhappy Stuck in port (US)?

Hello all,

I placed an order for an M2 back in August and was fortunate to receive production of the vehicle quickly and was expecting it by the end of September, early October. Unfortunately, things got more than a little delayed when September rolled through, because our little island got rocked by two hurricanes...

Now, I got contacted by my Sales Representative by October telling me that the car would be here by November due to issues with the shipping. Understandable, so I just waited patiently. Didn't really follow up on them much, and took the time to look over my insurance options, coatings and wrapping (XPEL) options.

It's now December, nearly January, though. And still no updates. I called them pretty much every day last week, and no new information on my car. They called me back on Thursday, though, saying that a later order got ahead of mine somehow, and the owner didn't want it due to a mixup (He wanted DCT and it was 6MT). They offered this M2 instead, even though it was a different color (BSM). I stopped by on Saturday with a friend to look the car over and maybe get some answers, since I was intent on waiting for mine. But all they say is that the shipment is not really up to them and they don't know what the holdup is.

I'm getting a little frustrated with the whole process, seeing as the car is just over the pond and it seems like for some reason they just won't ship it over. Even worse when someone they tell me placed their order later got the car sooner... Is there really no recourse or way to see the status of the shipment?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
sh_kross
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Long Beach Blue M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Called my Sales Advisor today and got an update on the date, sometime in the week of January 9th, 2018!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
MaxwellJZ81
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M5 Comp

Nice! I myself am waiting for my M3 to be delivered. It has been waiting in the port in Germany for a few weeks now. I can only assume that shipping has been delayed due to the holidays. As you know, the anticipatation is maddening!

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #4
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh_kross View Post
Hello all,

I placed an order for an M2 back in August and was fortunate to receive production of the vehicle quickly and was expecting it by the end of September, early October. Unfortunately, things got more than a little delayed when September rolled through, because our little island got rocked by two hurricanes...

Now, I got contacted by my Sales Representative by October telling me that the car would be here by November due to issues with the shipping. Understandable, so I just waited patiently. Didn't really follow up on them much, and took the time to look over my insurance options, coatings and wrapping (XPEL) options.

It's now December, nearly January, though. And still no updates. I called them pretty much every day last week, and no new information on my car. They called me back on Thursday, though, saying that a later order got ahead of mine somehow, and the owner didn't want it due to a mixup (He wanted DCT and it was 6MT). They offered this M2 instead, even though it was a different color (BSM). I stopped by on Saturday with a friend to look the car over and maybe get some answers, since I was intent on waiting for mine. But all they say is that the shipment is not really up to them and they don't know what the holdup is.

I'm getting a little frustrated with the whole process, seeing as the car is just over the pond and it seems like for some reason they just won't ship it over. Even worse when someone they tell me placed their order later got the car sooner... Is there really no recourse or way to see the status of the shipment?
On average it is at he earliest 60 days from prod start to delivery to dealer (a lot depends where your dealer is also east vs west etc) if everything goes as planned, east being quickest. Few have arrived quicker (very few) and many/most wait much longer. I was one of the quicker but ended up being 60 days +/- since I did PCD
Appreciate 0