BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    First Edition Code (ZFN)

11-20-2017, 12:54 AM   #1
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
First Edition Code (ZFN)

I just went to talk to my BMW Dealer here in South Korea and due to language barrier he could not answer all my questions. So he said he would ask BMW AG. I thought I would ask the experts here on the forum. Can anyone on the forum tell me what all is included in ZFN First Edition package for $18,300?

On the Oder sheet it has :

1. 1MA M Sport Exhaust
2. 2AQ 20" M Double Spoke Black
3. 4ML Piano Finish Black Trim- I want to change to 4WM- Aluminum Carbon Structure Dark Interior Trim- Can I?
4 6 CP Apple Car Play Compatibility
5. 6F1 Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround System
6. 7M9 BMW individual high-gloss Shadow line with extended content
7. 7ME M Driver Package- Question-What is in M Driver Package?
8. 938 BMW Individual Components- Question What is Individual Components?
9. 940 Special Order Equipment- Question What is Special Order Equipment?

So my main three question are at the end and is 938 BMW Individual Components- BMW Performance Parts listed here:
F90 M5 M Performance Parts:
• BMW M Performance sports exhaust system
• Coil over suspension
• Carbon fiber front bumper attachments (splitters)
• Carbon fiber side skirts
• Carbon fiber rear spoiler
• Carbon fiber rear spoiler
• Carbon fiber rear diffuser
• Side sill foils
• Motorsport stripes
• Carbon fiber engine cover extension kit
• Carbon fiber steering wheel
• Carbon fiber shift paddles
• Carbon fiber gear shift lever cover
• Floor mats
• Key wallet
• LED logo projector
Or is this the Special Order Equipment? Is Special Equipment the Executive Package (ZEC) and Driving Assistance Plus Package (ZDB) If not for $18,300 the ZFN is not saying much? Last question? Do package ZDB Driving Assistance Plus Package comes with the large radar in lower bumper? My friend has it on his car and I don't like it, plus he has US Plates and says the front plate blocks the signal! Has anyone else heard this? Place my order today and with ZFN Packet and M Carbon Ceramic Brakes I was at $117,000 If the ZFN don't have what I want I will cancel this part and add ZEC Executive Package. I don't want the ZDB, because of the large radar in front bumper if this is package that cause this to be place in front bumper? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #2
boostedjay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

It's fairly safe to assume that for $18.3k, you won't be getting all of the options listed AND some carbon. Those pieces along will the coilovers will likely all be special order M Performance accessories that you can buy separately and have installed at your dealer.

A quick google search told me that first editions will have:

"an exclusive Frozen Dark Red Metallic paintwork and also includes BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line trim with extended features. This means that the kidney grille, the M gills and the four tailpipes of the sports exhaust all come in high-gloss black. The cars will also be fitted as standard with 20-inch seven-double-spoke light alloy wheels in black while the interior will get a very individual flavor to go with it. The Piano Finish Black applications are complemented by a plaque on the center console indicating the car’s production number (“M5 First Edition 1/400”) and pointing to the exclusivity of this BMW M5. The M5 First Edition comes as standard with high-quality M multifunction seats. It is also available with full leather upholstery in Smoke White with red contrast stitching. Of course, if you so please, you can also configure the cars according to your needs on top of everything we listed here coming as standard." (That only took me 3 seconds to find btw)

A second google search (this time it may have taken me five or six seconds) revealed that there will indeed be a radar in the lower part of the bumper that seems to be right where a plate would go. I have not had the experience with the front plate issue personally as they're not required where I live.. but I could see that being an issue for sure. I personally will not be ordering that package on my car when the time comes to spec, things like that annoy me and I'm forever in the mindset of "less is more" when it comes to options in an M car.

Last edited by boostedjay; 11-20-2017 at 03:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 05:11 AM   #3
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedjay View Post
It's fairly safe to assume that for $18.3k, you won't be getting all of the options listed AND some carbon. Those pieces along will the coilovers will likely all be special order M Performance accessories that you can buy separately and have installed at your dealer.

A quick google search told me that first editions will have:

"an exclusive Frozen Dark Red Metallic paintwork and also includes BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line trim with extended features. This means that the kidney grille, the M gills and the four tailpipes of the sports exhaust all come in high-gloss black. The cars will also be fitted as standard with 20-inch seven-double-spoke light alloy wheels in black while the interior will get a very individual flavor to go with it. The Piano Finish Black applications are complemented by a plaque on the center console indicating the car’s production number (“M5 First Edition 1/400”) and pointing to the exclusivity of this BMW M5. The M5 First Edition comes as standard with high-quality M multifunction seats. It is also available with full leather upholstery in Smoke White with red contrast stitching. Of course, if you so please, you can also configure the cars according to your needs on top of everything we listed here coming as standard." (That only took me 3 seconds to find btw)

A second google search (this time it may have taken me five or six seconds) revealed that there will indeed be a radar in the lower part of the bumper that seems to be right where a plate would go. I have not had the experience with the front plate issue personally as they're not required where I live.. but I could see that being an issue for sure. I personally will not be ordering that package on my car when the time comes to spec, things like that annoy me and I'm forever in the mindset of "less is more" when it comes to options in an M car.
Thanks for the update. I will also call my Dealer in States. If this is the case I will opt out and not purchase the ZFN packet. Not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
eclipxe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
Thanks for the update. I will also call my Dealer in States. If this is the case I will opt out and not purchase the ZFN packet. Not worth it.
Yes, the ZFN package is definitely not worth it. M Driver's Package in the ZFN is a rip off - it's basically a higher top speed (removed limiter) and a class at a BMW driving course. Yawn.

940 - Special Order Equipment - This is likely the maroon/flat paint job. Looks horrible to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #5
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
8. 938 BMW Individual Components- Question What is Individual Components?

Option 938 doesn't include any equipment. It just an option code to signify that it's a special edition
Appreciate 0