E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Update on Squeak Upon Slow Acceleration

05-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
jimmy335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335 Coupe

Garage List
2007 335 Coupe  [0.00]
Update on Squeak Upon Slow Acceleration

I have seen others describe this issue (squeak coming from brakes on slow acceleration from a stop, without foot on brakes)

After many discussions with dealer, including the GM, they advise the Factory Rep was in town the next day and he would drive the vehicle. After a day and a half they called to advise car was fixed. Description of repair is below.

Of note, the SA call to me included a comment that said part of the problem was my aftermarket wheel that is more open than a stock wheel allowing water to enter the calipers and wash out grease & lube. I questioned the GM when I picked it up, comparing the wheels to a stock 5 spoke design, and he was quick to say he didnt think the wheels were a contributor but that I needed to be sure not to spray water on the calipers when washing the car. There was no note of the wheels being a contributor on the RO write up.

Its the third or fourth repair attempt so we will see. The RO is as follows:

"test drove until brakes warm up and noticed there was noise squeaking noise from front brakes, when braking, and there was squeaking noise from rear brakes, when driving off or making turns in parking lot"

"removed front and rear brake pads and lubed front brake caliper spring, caliper bracket, back and front brake pads. Test drove and the noise was for front brake is gone but the noise from rear brakes are still there."

"left the car on the rack and drive the car at slow speed noticed there was squeaking noise only in one spot of the brake disc and noticed it is out of round. Replaced rear brake disc and test drove. Now the noise is gone."

Hope this helps someone. I am cautiously optimistic.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

My rears are starting to make this common noise as well. I have CSL reps. I decided that nobody is truly getting it fixed completely, so I'll live with it until BMW figures it out. Just sux tho.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
same same here.. I took it in, they said they took care of it by putting in a new break sensor...as soon as I left the lot it started happening again... Taking my SA for a ride today so he can hear it for himself...(again)
      05-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

i've been to my dealer a couple of times, and each time i get the "this is completely normal, we've checked your brakes, and everything is fine" spiel. they have also attributed it to excessive brake dust buildup, but others on the forum have tried a cleaning procedure, which didn't seem all that effective...
Appreciate 0