E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Any Indy's Interested? Need new turbos

11-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Any Indy's Interested? Need new turbos

Indy mechanics,

I have an 07 335i hardtop convertible that now needs new turbos. I'll give as much info here to help out. I'm in long Beach CA.

First things first, I have a 3rd party bumper to bumper warranty with CNA. I know that replacing the turbos will be covered by them. Now, onto the car.

I've had the dreaded "turbo siren" noise for quite some time. I called my usual Indy mechanic and asked if he could have the turbos replaced but he said "hey just wait for them to blow out." I told him I don't want to be stranded on the road and he basically said that he wasn't going to look at my car unless the turbos were blown. Wow. Ok so I ignored the noise for awhile and drove the car for a couple of months. I went under the car awhile ago (I made a post about it too) and I noticed that one of my turbos was leaking oil from around it. I called my indy again, and he wouldn't budge: no repair unless it was totally gone. Very frustrating.

Today, as I was driving, I was decelerating and a whole mess of smoke was literally billowing out from the back. Just to doubly make sure it was from me, I sped up where there were no cars around me and a whole lot of smoke.

So, all that to say, is there any indy that would like to look at my car who knows how to process warranty claims?

If you need any other information, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by jeddo45; 11-05-2017 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0