E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Exhaust rasp & air in brakes 318 i SE

05-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
BMdriver
Bus Media, Xenons, Spt Auto, Sun Pro Black Panel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420i M Sport Coupe (Pro pack)

Exhaust rasp & air in brakes 318 i SE

Today I have had my first 2 year service (£229 for oil brake fluid and micro filter @ 12 k), however after travelling home there appears to be air in the system. I think this is so because I can pump the soft pedal 3/4 times and hear a 'pssst' for want of a better description before the pedal firms up. Is this normal or has the brake fluid change resulted in air not being expelled properly?

Also I mentioned that the exhaust has an unusual throaty rasp as you lift off the gas, it sounds as though there is a hole somewhere but there definately isn't. The stealer says this is normal, althought this has only recently been noticeable, not when driving but more so at stand still. Hs anyone else got a 318i petrol that has the same characterstics? Unfortunately there wasn't another one to compare it to, and I feel I am being fobbed off with a promise to call me when there is one on site to compare it to ( I doubt this ill ever happen).
We appear to have a stalemate situation, can I get BMW UK involved to have somebody over to double check the exhaust note? ]
Furthermore and more worrying is the fact that is an 2 year old exhaust still covered under warranty anyway? Or has anyone had similar experiences?

Many thanks in advance.

Nigel.
Appreciate 0