F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > First Track Event
Studio RSR

10-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
rockymtnpilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i

First Track Event

Hi all,

I'm doing the No Excuses racing school this weekend. It's my first track event since I've convinced myself that the entry fee is cheaper than a ticket.

I drive a 2017 340i with xDrive, M Sport, track handling package, original Super Sport tires, and MPPSK. I had a tech in town complete the pre-race inspection and just exchanged the brake fluid with DOT 4. Is there anything I should think about or consider bringing? Maybe insurance? I registered for the beginner of beginners categories so I doubt it'll get wild but I appreciate advice.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
Niart906
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2003 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnpilot View Post
Hi all,

I'm doing the No Excuses racing school this weekend. It's my first track event since I've convinced myself that the entry fee is cheaper than a ticket.

I drive a 2017 340i with xDrive, M Sport, track handling package, original Super Sport tires, and MPPSK. I had a tech in town complete the pre-race inspection and just exchanged the brake fluid with DOT 4. Is there anything I should think about or consider bringing? Maybe insurance? I registered for the beginner of beginners categories so I doubt it'll get wild but I appreciate advice.
Bring along an air pump and a good tire pressure gauge so you don't wreck your tires. Watch for sidewall rollover as temps rise and adjust your pressures accordingly. Generally, rollover means under inflated.

Also be sure to bring some snacks and drinks, most venues won't have refreshments on site.
      10-17-2017, 05:43 AM   #3
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

I agree with the above and the other best advice is to just have fun and learn everything you can.