E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 320D M-sport Edition

05-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
wright761359
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport Edition,Auto,

320D M-sport Edition

Picked up my new motor yesterday,having had a 320i se for 3 years,was really looking forward to the extra oomph of a turbo-diesel,plus spec'd an auto box to save the pain of a clutch(drive over 35k per year).
Carbon Black was the choice and having not seen it before was really pleased with how it looks,seems to have a hint of blue in certain light.
Business sat-nav comes with it,dissapointed to hear when the sales woman was talking through the info that you can't paly a cd,if the cd-rom for the sat-nav is in use!
All in all,the car looks great and goes well,anybody have any hints on power upgrades,always use Superchips but thay don't have anything yet,plus they told me that BMW are making the ECU's harder to crack.
Car came from Sytner in Leicester and was dealt with very well indeed.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
You could always use a piggyback box.
      05-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
neilmc
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M SPORT

Hi,can you please post up some photos,as I have a carbon black 320d m sport on order and would love to see what it looks like1 also what colour leather did you go for and strange question,but is it on bridgestone or michelin tyres as the 2 people that have posted up pics on here of theirs have different makes! Cheers,and enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

If the E90 is like the E46, you can probably put in a cheap autochanger in the boot quite easily (DIY) - assuming its pre-wired. I put in an Alpine changer that also plays MP3s for under £200 all in (ebay) - no need to pay £3-400 at the dealer as its plug and play. Having said that some sort of MP3 stick option into the Aux socket maybe your best bet for tunes with Biz Nav.

PS My old M3 was Carbon Black with Cinnamon - great colour! Enjoy.

Last edited by F31-340i; 05-17-2008 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: spelling & ebay detail
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Cafe.Racer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring

Yes - my e91 is prewired for a changer.

E-Maps said their tuner had cracked the ECU and were currently testing a remap, but as said, you could always go for a box.
      05-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
puds1970
England
Rep
Drives: 320D M SPORT E90 CARBON BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmc View Post
Hi,can you please post up some photos,as I have a carbon black 320d m sport on order and would love to see what it looks like1 also what colour leather did you go for and strange question,but is it on bridgestone or michelin tyres as the 2 people that have posted up pics on here of theirs have different makes! Cheers,and enjoy the car.
Im in exactly the same position neil, when are you expecting delivery of your new car?.
Oh and Ive gone for the black leather.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
neilmc
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

puds1970,mine is due before the end of June,has gone into production this week,so should have a chassis number soon! Have gone for carbon black with lemon leather! bit of a gamble as all my audi a4's(x2) and jaguar xjr's(3) have been black with black! so a change is as good as a rest.The time has come for sense though,mpg and low car tax vs stupid mpg and £400 car tax.Looking at the tax for next year it should be £90 per year. Really looking forward to a BMW,the last one I had was an E30 M3.Tell me when you get yours,as I will be interested to hear about it.Cheers.

Last edited by neilmc; 05-23-2008 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
yargnat
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport, Le-Mans Blue

pretty sure you can't just install the cd changer - the wiring is there for it, but the car will need to be coded otherwise it won't be recognised.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
wright761359
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport Edition,Auto,

Quote:
Sure will post some pics,but have to point out that the photos will just make it look black,you have to see it in day-light to pick out the blue.
It came on Bridgestone's,which I had on my previous 320i,it had elipsoid 182,18inch wheels and they were ok,apart from in the early months as you couldn't always get new ones!......oh and the leather i went for was black.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #10
the_oracle
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d

on business nav, you can listen to cd's whilst using nav, you enter your destination it then loads information from the disc, (including all possible wrong turnings!), once its done eject the nav disc, and then put in your music cd and get motoring!.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
neilmc
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks wright761359,looking forward to seeing some photos,understand what you say about the colour as well.The wheels on the m sport edition are manufactured BBS so I am told so they will be a lot easier to clean and less prone to pitting from brake dust.Supply wise,don't want to think about it,and am paranoid about avoiding curbs,price will be frightening as well I imagine.Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #12
puds1970
England
Rep

Quote:
puds1970,mine is due before the end of June,has gone into production this week,so should have a chassis number soon! Have gone for carbon black with lemon leather! bit of a gamble as all my audi a4's(x2) and jaguar xjr's(3) have been black with black! so a change is as good as a rest.The time has come for sense though,mpg and low car tax vs stupid mpg and £400 car tax.Looking at the tax for next year it should be £90 per year.The savings will go towards a wedding in September! Really looking forward to a BMW,the last one I had was an E30 M3.Tell me when you get yours,as I will be interested to hear about it.Cheers.
Hi Neil I'll let you know after Ive picked her up.
I was phoned by my dealer mid-week to be told it had gone into production and been moved forward 2 weeks (dont know why?), so they have predicted my to get mine by mid-June at the latest.
A friend of mine ordered his 2 weeks before me, its the same as mine except I upgraded my Satnav and he has gone for the titanium silver opposed to carbon black and he recieved it on the 14th April, I saw his new car yesterday for the first time and its whetted my appetite.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wright761359 View Post
Picked up my new motor yesterday,having had a 320i se for 3 years,was really looking forward to the extra oomph of a turbo-diesel,plus spec'd an auto box to save the pain of a clutch(drive over 35k per year).
Carbon Black was the choice and having not seen it before was really pleased with how it looks,seems to have a hint of blue in certain light.
Business sat-nav comes with it,dissapointed to hear when the sales woman was talking through the info that you can't paly a cd,if the cd-rom for the sat-nav is in use!
All in all,the car looks great and goes well,anybody have any hints on power upgrades,always use Superchips but thay don't have anything yet,plus they told me that BMW are making the ECU's harder to crack.
Car came from Sytner in Leicester and was dealt with very well indeed.
Congratulations Welcome to the dark side. Diesel power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
Hi Neil I'll let you know after Ive picked her up.
I was phoned by my dealer mid-week to be told it had gone into production and been moved forward 2 weeks (dont know why?), so they have predicted my to get mine by mid-June at the latest.
A friend of mine ordered his 2 weeks before me, its the same as mine except I upgraded my Satnav and he has gone for the titanium silver opposed to carbon black and he recieved it on the 14th April, I saw his new car yesterday for the first time and its whetted my appetite.
I believe that the build schedulers will bump an actual customer order in preference for a stock build. Therefore you may well get an earlier build slot than originally thought.

Remember folks....

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
neilmc
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

hi guys,thanks for the info,when anyone gets their's post up some pics.Puds,what leather did you go for? has anyone gone for lemon,I know it will be a pain to keep clean with jeans,but as i have mate who is a detailer/valeter and have worked with him for a few years now on my days off,I am not too bothered.By the way,perfect protection against bird lime,I would suggest A glaze plus a few coats of any zymol wax.It works very well on my black Audi and cornish seagulls.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
puds1970
England
Rep

Quote:
hi guys,thanks for the info,when anyone gets their's post up some pics.Puds,what leather did you go for? has anyone gone for lemon,I know it will be a pain to keep clean with jeans,but as i have mate who is a detailer/valeter and have worked with him for a few years now on my days off,I am not too bothered.By the way,perfect protection against bird lime,I would suggest A glaze plus a few coats of any zymol wax.It works very well on my black Audi and cornish seagulls.
Ive gone for the black leather the "classic look", but got to say the lemon does look lovely. No matter which colour you go for the smell will be fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #16
puds1970
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Congratulations Welcome to the dark side. Diesel power!

I believe that the build schedulers will bump an actual customer order in preference for a stock build. Therefore you may well get an earlier build slot than originally thought.
Remember folks....
Thanks for that information mjh93sa.
Appreciate 0