THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 2018 stock m240 midpipe

09-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
BPAC306
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240I X

2018 stock m240 midpipe

Any pics of the stock midpipe on the 2018?
I know they deleted a section or changed it a bit.

12.3 @ 108 Stock
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #2
havinfun
Private
Rep
Drives: m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAC306 View Post
Any pics of the stock midpipe on the 2018?
I know they deleted a section or changed it a bit.
I have a 2018 M240i and the midpipe still has two resonators as in past years. I can't tell if the internals of either resonator was re-engineered, but the sound was still too quiet for my taste. I deleted the rear resonator. My exhaust guy assured me that because of the larger volume of the rear resonator, deleting it would increase the sound more than just deleting the front resonator. I took his word. The result is more sound and more distinct over-run burbles, but not overly loud. This was a compromise from deleting both resonators since my wife is not fond of louder exhaust sound.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 01:47 AM   #3
Skycaptain
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by havinfun View Post
I have a 2018 M240i and the midpipe still has two resonators as in past years. I can't tell if the internals of either resonator was re-engineered, but the sound was still too quiet for my taste. I deleted the rear resonator. My exhaust guy assured me that because of the larger volume of the rear resonator, deleting it would increase the sound more than just deleting the front resonator. I took his word. The result is more sound and more distinct over-run burbles, but not overly loud. This was a compromise from deleting both resonators since my wife is not fond of louder exhaust sound.
Interesting and good to hear as others I've read say removing the front resonator will produce more noise compared to the rear. Cheers
Appreciate 0