BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
Riverboa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M Comp

Standard or Option

Are the following included standard for early US spec GO1 or rather options that are not yet available at launch?
- Ambient Lighting
- Acoustic Glass
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
On my order sheet I have '4UR ambiance lighting' as a no charge option. There is no mention of what 4UR is on the posted official pricing and options sheet other than under the MA -
Vernasca Leather option, stating "Vernasca Leather will add 4UR to the order". So it seems that you get ambiance lighting free as long as you have Vernasca Leather (I guess).

As far as the glass, I'd like the answer to that too. The only reference I've seen to the acoustic glass option is in the infographic comparing the old X3 to the new, but nothing on either my order sheet or the official pricing guide. The only thing I see is "privacy glass", which I believe is just the slightly tinted glass, and it is standard on all models.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
KAP8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

I think I saw Acoustic Glass as an option on the German and South African "Build Your Own" sites.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
Riverboa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M Comp

Thanks! I just noticed 4UR on my order - so that settled the ambiance light.

FYI, I asked my CA about key fob, i.e are we getting the Display key or just the regular x5-esque keys. I've seen on the German website that the display key comes with the parking assistance plus (or something like that).
According to my CA, we are not getting the Display key as the remote control parking is not mentioned in the parking assitance plus.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboa View Post
Thanks! I just noticed 4UR on my order - so that settled the ambiance light.

FYI, I asked my CA about key fob, i.e are we getting the Display key or just the regular x5-esque keys. I've seen on the German website that the display key comes with the parking assistance plus (or something like that).
According to my CA, we are not getting the Display key as the remote control parking is not mentioned in the parking assitance plus.
That’s actually kind of a relief to me, though I haven’t actually seen the display key my impression is that it’s bulkier and higher maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #6
cdye12
Germany
Rep
Drives: F36 440i xDrive; F48 X1 28ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
As far as the glass, I'd like the answer to that too. The only reference I've seen to the acoustic glass option is in the infographic comparing the old X3 to the new, but nothing on either my order sheet or the official pricing guide. The only thing I see is "privacy glass", which I believe is just the slightly tinted glass, and it is standard on all models.
"Acoustic Glazing" is included in the Comfort Package (995 Pound Sterling) and as a stand alone option (120 Pound Sterling) on the UK site; and is a stand alone option on the German (150 Euro) and South African (200 Rand) sites.

I've asked my dealer about it as well. I'm hoping that it's included in the Premium or Executive Packages. I also have Privacy Glass (option 420) on my order and it is separate from the "Acoustic Glazing."
Appreciate 0