ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Intravee II vs. Dice Silverline vs. BMW OEM

I have been looking for the best ipod integration and before Silverline, a lot of people seemed to think that Intravee was the best solution. I was wondering if Silverline has changed that order, especially since it's so much cheaper. Has anyone here owned both units?
Also, what are the advantages of Intravee and Silverline over the OEM module??
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
I have been looking for the best ipod integration and before Silverline, a lot of people seemed to think that Intravee was the best solution. I was wondering if Silverline has changed that order, especially since it's so much cheaper. Has anyone here owned both units?
Also, what are the advantages of Intravee and Silverline over the OEM module??
The DICE kits are by far the most popular. Intravee has a bit of a cult following and is best coupled with Navigation setups. While the Intravee has lots of features - it can be a bit cumbersome to use while driving.

The DICE kit is not overloaded with features and simply works as expected. If you would like to stop by and see the kit in action - the invite is there.

The BMW kit is not even a contender as both kits are light years ahead.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

<disclaimer>Just My Opinion, so take it for what its worth</disclaimer>

I'm as biased against the Dice units as eas is for them. I love eas and buy shit from you guys, including my wheels, so please don't take this as an attack on you, but the Dice products are simply terrible.

When they work, they work fine. For some, no problems are experienced, for others, the thing never works. For most, its a combination of the two and the only way to find out if your ipod is going to play today is to turn on the car and see if the input mode is available. This problem is not limited solely to the BMW units, and is the same in their other car models as well, also it has shown up in the silverline units as well as the older ones. Do some thorough searching on these before you jump in to buy one. I will never buy another dice product again.

I agree that there simply isn't a more fully-featured device available, and IF it worked right, it would be a bargain at any major retailer's price. But, as long as reliability continues to dog these units, and the company continues to make promises of fixes but no solid fix ever emerges, I feel like I have to be "that guy" that urges everyone to look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0