THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Connected Drive BMW On-Line is down

09-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
TigerTrump
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D GT X Drive

Connected Drive BMW On-Line is down

I have not been able to get the weather forecast in my car for 3 weeks now. I am in the UK. I have been calling the help desk for an update once a week; they tell me that the entire system is down and they don't know when 'Germany' will fix it (their words not mine).
However mostly the news service is up and running and only the weather does not work, I just get a blank screen. Does anyone else in the UK have the same problem?
BTW, I drive a 'vert 235 which is 4G and I believe the hard tops run 3G, not sure if that makes a difference?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 07:12 AM   #2
eleniki
Alderran`s lost princess
Rep
Drives: A bit old BMW

As far as i can remember, this is not the first time this happens. Sorry to hear that you are affected by it. Just found out this article, which sounds a bit unnerving. Hope it gives you some answers.
      09-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
TigerTrump
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D GT X Drive

Thanks for the reply eleniki, I don't think I have that issue as I have now managed to fix the fault myself.

To fix the problem, I selected Clear Local data. Then signed into Connected drive again with my password. The weather forecast then started working again. Now I just need to fix the weather so the roof can go down again. Strange that only the weather should stop working when news and local search were ok.

It's a shame the the Connected Drive Helpdesk could not help and just blamed people in Germany; this is not very professional.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #4
steve@codemybimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
I noticed one time, I was stuck on 3G after I got the OTA map update and it was like that for several days. Updating BMW didn't seem to work so I just pulled the plug on the TCU in the back and plugged it back in. As soon as it reinitialized, it was getting a 4G signal again.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 1