BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > 14 day cooling off period

08-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
X3n0m0rp4
Rep
Drives: M235i

14 day cooling off period

Anyone had any experience handing a car back in the 14 cooling off period?
Dealer is not managing the concerns and BMW UK are not exactly helping matters...

So any advice would be welcome
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
DoZZa
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY17 | M2 | DCT

Do you want to return it because you dont like the car, or because there is something wrong with it?
E30 320iS | '90
E28 M535i | '84
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
X3n0m0rp4
Rep

Neither, dealer made several declarations and has renegade on them...even though they are contained in the contract 🤔
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Hmm nope. As you can see pretty quiet here in the U.K. M2 section try posting in the much busier F30 UK section might get some good info there seeing as the approach is Car agnostic.
      08-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #5
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
I?m no lawyer but I have paid for legal advise in the past. The only 14 day cooling off period I am aware of is with regards to distance selling or cold calling.

Have you collected your M2? Or have you signed a purchase order for one and are awaiting delivery.

If the dealer has made commitments in writing they have not honoured then they are in breach of contract. You will need to peruse them for the offence or break of contract.

If there is a fault with the car you collected the dealer is legally required to remedy them. They are not required to provide a refund. The exact details vary depending if you paid cash or a PCP.

If it?s PCP then you have 180 days to hand the keys back for a full refund. But you have to prove the dealer has been unable/unwilling to resolve the issues.

Perhaps a few more details about your issue might help us provide specific advise.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #6
X3n0m0rp4
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
I?m no lawyer but I have paid for legal advise in the past. The only 14 day cooling off period I am aware of is with regards to distance selling or cold calling.

Have you collected your M2? Or have you signed a purchase order for one and are awaiting delivery.

If the dealer has made commitments in writing they have not honoured then they are in breach of contract. You will need to peruse them for the offence or break of contract.

If there is a fault with the car you collected the dealer is legally required to remedy them. They are not required to provide a refund. The exact details vary depending if you paid cash or a PCP.

If it?s PCP then you have 180 days to hand the keys back for a full refund. But you have to prove the dealer has been unable/unwilling to resolve the issues.

Perhaps a few more details about your issue might help us provide specific advise.

Much appreciated, especially the 180 comment but as this is still ongoing, difficult to give specific details on a public forum but if you can spare 5... Ok to PM?
Appreciate 0