THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Good source for removable Vinyl?

08-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Good source for removable Vinyl?

There's a long back-story that I'll post once I get this done, along with pics, but does anyone have experience with removable vinyl for graphics or racing stripes? Not removable in that all vinyl is removable, but the stuff that sticks on with static or mild adhesive and can be applied, removed, reused. So if you wanted to get your car all jazzed up for track days but not keep it that way 24x7.

Anyone with a source that could make me a custom cut racing stripe using that kind of product? Have been looking high and low and making frustratingly bad progress.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
Sypher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 228i xdrive

If you want something temporary to protect the paint for track or long road trips, try a product called "track wrap". It's a clear vinyl that has mild adhesive. It's a temporary solution and doesn't look as bad as taping up the front end of the car with painter's tape (provides more protection than painter's tape too).
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

That's good to know thanks - that could be useful for another time.

Actually I need white. We had to get rid of GF 3-diesel and told her I found an awesome BMW for her and made her watch chasing classic cars episode with an Isetta. So I've been torturing her for months that she was getting one.

I need basically a big white Y racing stripe to put on the hood of her new red 3 to make it look like an isetta to fuck with her.
Appreciate 0