F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Extended warranty for used 2014 328i.
GetBMWParts

08-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
DeeDust
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive - Sports Trim

Extended warranty for used 2014 328i.

Hi Everyone,

New to the BMW world. Bought a used 2014 328i Xdrive (Sports trim) with 54.5K on the ODO. Did not buy through a BMW dealer and car was just out of lease with no extended warranty. Already put 1000 miles in the last week and the car drives really good.

Searched through the forum for extended warranty advice but am starting this new thread as my confusion still persists.

Couple of BMW dealers refused to provide BMW extended warranty and are pushing for DCH(Lithia) Auto group extended warranty. DCH(Lithia) owns a lot of car dealers around US and as per them, the warranty will be honored across the country and is seamless experience.(Normal sales pitch)
Quote is around $3100 for 3ys/36K Miles Comprehensive
Online quotes with Endurance/ Carchex is around $5000 for 3yr/36K Miles .Comprehensive
I am confused as to whether at all i need extended warranty and if i do plan on the DCH one, any previous experience on any claims.

Any other thoughts/options are most welcome.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
3Series
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDust View Post
Hi Everyone,

New to the BMW world. Bought a used 2014 328i Xdrive (Sports trim) with 54.5K on the ODO. Did not buy through a BMW dealer and car was just out of lease with no extended warranty. Already put 1000 miles in the last week and the car drives really good.

Searched through the forum for extended warranty advice but am starting this new thread as my confusion still persists.

Couple of BMW dealers refused to provide BMW extended warranty and are pushing for DCH(Lithia) Auto group extended warranty. DCH(Lithia) owns a lot of car dealers around US and as per them, the warranty will be honored across the country and is seamless experience.(Normal sales pitch)
Quote is around $3100 for 3ys/36K Miles Comprehensive
Online quotes with Endurance/ Carchex is around $5000 for 3yr/36K Miles .Comprehensive
I am confused as to whether at all i need extended warranty and if i do plan on the DCH one, any previous experience on any claims.

Any other thoughts/options are most welcome.

Thanks in advance
The BMW extended service contract (warranty) is for cars that are currently covered by an existing BMW warranty.
With that said, there are "aftermarket" options or companies that will underwrite the vehicle. Most have bad online reviews, just like Auto Insurance companies and the cable company. Wherever you plan to take your car for repairs, ask them what companies they deal with and their thoughts.

Lastly, shop around. Most any dealerships can sell you a policy, it doesn't have to be a BMW dealer.

An educated guess is that wholesale to warranty a F30 for 3/36 is $2500. Most places will quote you double and come down to 500-600 over wholesale.

Some guy on a different forum was selling polivies for $200 over wholesale a year or two ago. However, if the car is out of warranty, there might be some "inspection" as part of the underwriting process.
Appreciate 0