BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Brain’s Custom Audio outfits Gladen audio system in a BMW M2

08-14-2017, 03:36 AM   #1
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Brain’s Custom Audio outfits Gladen audio system in a BMW M2

Among the BMW M2 user base here we do not often see people upgrading their interior audio system, still there are many options available on the market allowing for easy and decent upgrades improving the quality of the stock hifi systems.

The standard Hifi or Harman Kardon systems often proof to be sufficient, but for those of you who are a looking for something better there are options in the market available like Bavsound or Musicar that allow for easy installation and improved audio quality inside the cabin of your beloved Bimmer.

This is my story following the installation of an audio upgrade which I had installed by Brian’s Custom Audio in the Netherlands. Brian is known for his upgrades mostly fitted in the latest Ferrari or Porsche models, but this time he did not upgrade a LaFerrari or a Panamera, but a LBB M2.

Following a car show and a detail, which I will share more about soon, my car was dropped off at the workshop in Zoetermeer, where Brian’s team used two days to install and tune the new audio set up from Gladen. Available in three variants (GT, DSP and DSP Extreme), the setup is designed specifically for BMW models and has an immediate fit without requiring any specific changes to the interior or fitment of the speakers.

My car received the BMW DSP Extreme upgrade, which is the top level offering including six new speakers, plug-nd-play cable set, 610 watt amplifier, additional damping material, digital sound processing unit and more extreme woofers providing a better bass volume than the standard Harman Kardon system which was fitted in the vehicle from the factory.

The key to the improved audio quality is especially the professionally programmed Digital Sound Processor (DSP) unit. By tuning the digital run-time correction, equalizers and active crossovers using a unique microphone set up connected to the driver’s headrest, the sound engineer who came over specifically for my car, was able to perfectly match the audio system to the acoustics of the car.

The result is a more clear and naturalistic representation of music, voices and instruments than the stock system. The differences in the sound quality are clearly heard in the details of the audio production and at higher volumes were often the stock system struggles.

Next to the upgraded audio system, my BMW M2 has the Technic Active Sound removal harness installed, which eliminates the fake motor/exhaust sound fed through the speakers and reduces if not eliminates the hiss or noise that interferes with the music from the audio system.

The harness is a must-have for those people with an aftermarket exhaust and when you want to install a new audio system. The removal of the fake noise offers a cabin which is 6 db quieter and an improved clarity of the sound production by the stock or newly fitted audio system. You will also be able to enjoy your new exhaust a lot more naturally than before.
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 08-14-2017 at 03:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dirtboy197.00
      08-14-2017, 03:39 AM   #2
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
And a few more photos...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dirtboy197.00
      08-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Looks like an awesome setup. How much is the kit minus labor?
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 07:38 AM   #4
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Looks like an awesome setup. How much is the kit minus labor?
Click on the Gladen link above and you will find prices of all three packages.

MR
Appreciate 0