E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 328i Dual exhaust Louder or no??

08-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Papoguapo97
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 328i E92

Lightbulb 328i Dual exhaust Louder or no??

I'm curious as to whether I should add dual pipes to my 328i e92. I know if I did it for looks it would look way better but would that also make it louder? Because as of now I have pretty much every thing from the secondary cats and back deleted. I would get an x pipe and then get 3" pipes. If someone knows if that would make it louder let me know 😌

This is what it currently sounds like:

Last edited by Papoguapo97; 08-12-2017 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Underground6t9
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Lexus is250

You only have one set of headers so you can't run dual pipes. At the back of the car they would tee into existing pipe to create the illusion of dual exhaust. To answer your question it won't be louder.

|instagram@underground6t9|
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
Captain comic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

If you want louder - delete sec.cats (if you have them) - that will give you 15-20% louder exhaust. Alternatively you can install catless DownPipes (but in that case keep sec.cats to avoid smell) - that will give you even more sound, but in tha tcase it's better if you put back at least some muffler, otherwise it will be too loud

As for the second pipe - it's just for looks, you won't get louder exhaust from it

P.S. best scenario for ANY e9x is to get PE and delete sec.cats - you'll get perfect drone free sound with characteristic BMW PE tones AND you'll get it 20% louder due to sec.cats delete - best of both worlds. This is ultimate solution, tho expensive
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Sumptuous Hummus
Banned
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground6t9 View Post
You only have one set of headers so you can't run dual pipes. At the back of the car they would tee into existing pipe to create the illusion of dual exhaust. To answer your question it won't be louder.
the headers are split into two banks. you can run a dual setup if you really wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain comic View Post
If you want louder - delete sec.cats (if you have them) - that will give you 15-20% louder exhaust. Alternatively you can install catless DownPipes (but in that case keep sec.cats to avoid smell) - that will give you even more sound, but in tha tcase it's better if you put back at least some muffler, otherwise it will be too loud

As for the second pipe - it's just for looks, you won't get louder exhaust from it

P.S. best scenario for ANY e9x is to get PE and delete sec.cats - you'll get perfect drone free sound with characteristic BMW PE tones AND you'll get it 20% louder due to sec.cats delete - best of both worlds. This is ultimate solution, tho expensive
the 328i doesnt have a downpipe. it has an exhaust manifold.

the PE with a secondary delete would sound great, but you can always just save yourself a ton of money and PE mod your current muffler or change it out for something new all together. there is really no use in spending $1000 on some fancier piping.

if you delete your secondary cats, you might wanna put two vibrant resonators where your secondaries used to be. it will sound good.

OP, note the bolded text. you may also want to upgrade your current x-pipe, the factory one is poop. my suggestion is to not waste your time or money on a dual setup and invest into something else instead.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #5
whyjyroh
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Sound Clips

Here are a few sound clips, I think it sounds really aggressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9BzJUw4g7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSUrLYLaab8&t=120s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMNJAdFlor0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9SYHUo7YM

Last edited by whyjyroh; 09-18-2017 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0