E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can never figure out where all the leaks are coming from on an awd!!! Any help pleas

08-11-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
mightbaal
g35x
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI

Can never figure out where all the leaks are coming from on an awd!!! Any help pleas

Well I was thinking I had a front differential leak for some time so I took it to a quick lube like place just to check the level. Nothing came out when he opened the fill plug but if you barely put your finger in it it's pretty close to full.

Now on to where the leaks are.. He said the input shaft seal looks to be leaking on the front differential. There was some oil/gear lube on the front differential and he said based off the smell he can tell it's differential fluid. Also as I was under the car with him he said it looks as if there is a oil leak also above Front differential. I am guessing it is the oil pan gasket or rear main seal? I did the OFHG and Valve cover gasket last month. Car has 76k it's a 2008 335xi sedan N54. I will have the subframe dropped in about a week to do inlets so wondering if it's a bunch more work on a xi to do the oil pan gasket and rear input shaft seal?
2008 BMW 335XI Sedan 73k BMS DCI/ BMS OCC/ VRSF chargepipe with HKS BOV/ VRSF 7" FMIC/ VRSF CATLESS DP/ JB4 /W E85 BEF/ E60 GAS/ WIFI RGB ANGEL EYES/ BLACKOUT GLOSS GRILL/ M6 18" Replica Rims running on Michelin Pilot Super Sports 265/35 (rear) 235/40 (front).
Appreciate 0